advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving my master socket upstairs so I get better network access for a digital amp and get streaming to main system. Could have run the outside cable direct to socket but it complicated matters so went for an easier option with an extra join plus 5m of cable. Still had to solder wires together in the corner of the attic, heat shrink them and hope the cable join didn’t snag as I pulled the guide cable through three timber beams of my record rack; all invisible but also inaccessible. All to keep the network clear of the Hifi until the last moment. Hope it’s worth it!

Started to clear out the barns. Perfect conditions (hard frost, no wind) for a massive bonfire. Much quicker than going to the tip.

Caught a bit of the comedian Sophie Willan on bbc radio 4 last night.
Not heard of her before.

Very funny, and a refreshing change to many other female comedians that are current.

(Sara Pascoe being a flavour of the month comedian who I find unfunny)

Chemo, 2nd course, treatment 1 - we go again after getting binned off last week for a +ve PCR.

Good luck with the Chemo. I have just finished an intensive 4 rounds, every two weeks course. Ups and downs to be expected.
Advice - NO NOT hold off talking to your helpline - it is hard to judge whether symptoms require the helpline - how do you tell if something is moderate or severe? Its hard. I got it wrong by too much downplaying and it got me in hospital Oncology ward for 6 days before Xmas - 999 calls (abandoned when told it would be a 6 hour wait!) and all.

Reactions: mjw
Shame re PCR positive. Stay safe, dude.;)

My +ve result was found the day before scheduled treatment so they didn’t have time to sort anything. Apparently PCRs being more sensitive might show +ves for up to 90 days after initial +ve so I’m now on the ‘amber’ pathway - sit in an area with all my mates and the nursing staff wear a bit more PPE. Enjoying the peace and quiet TBH.

Chemo, 2nd course, treatment 1 - we go again after getting binned off last week for a +ve PCR.

image album upload

I hope the Nurse looking after you is to your liking, and can cannulate well.

I was a ‘Chemo’ Nurse for many years.

Covid-19 must be adding a layer of stress to what is already a stressful situation.

I presume taking your temperature is high on the list of advice for you between cycles of treatment?

Good luck with it all.

fabulous . thats half the battle . having good veins ! our rats love climbing my bird feeder pole:D however currently not able as greased it with thick car grease !!

fabulous . thats half the battle . having good veins ! our rats love climbing my bird feeder pole:D however currently not able as greased it with thick car grease !!

we changed our feeders to non drop on a pole, and no rat or squirrel raids. Interesting the bird visitors have become more varied (most of the starlings have gone) with new visitors - blackbirds, great tits (a real rarity here) and loads of dunnocks

we changed our feeders to non drop on a pole, and no rat or squirrel raids. Interesting the bird visitors have become more varied (most of the starlings have gone) with new visitors - blackbirds, great tits (a real rarity here) and loads of dunnocks

sounds fab .whats non drop then ?

work writing a paper on widening participation in HE, teaching Ethics lecture.

Visiting the dealer for signing on the dotted line

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back