advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
work writing a paper on widening participation in HE, teaching Ethics lecture.

Visiting the dealer for signing on the dotted line
What Porsche are you changing to? We might swap the wifes Jeep for a Macan this year.

Usual IT support stuff today plus made a start onboarding a new client (bunch of dental practices)

What Porsche are you changing to?

we set out to get another Macan, but this caught my eye.....couldn't resist

2019 911 Carerra S

Inked20220113_151942_LI by uh_simon, on Flickr

20220113_152001 by uh_simon, on Flickr

20220113_152103 by uh_simon, on Flickr

our dealer was saying they had no build slots for Macans in the next 12 months, and so little used stock. Taycans 9 or 10 months, 718s 6 months. Dealership was rammed with new cars waiting for collection, but they are really short of future build slots.....

@mjw following my wife's experiences with chemo I highly recommend making use of the Helpline service. Heather was always reluctant and I could not persuade her make the call. Twice she ended up in hospital with infections requiring IV antibiotics.

My wife's funeral was today. The service was a touching tribute to Heather. The minister chose readings which reflected her working career as a infant teacher. A friend did the eulogy based on my notes adding some of his own stories of their time together at college. He did find it difficult as he was particularly fond of Heather.

The weather was lovely so the graveside part of the service went very well. The RAF even contributed with a pair of Typhoons flying overhead. The minister (Chaplin to the local Air Cadets) and I had a wee smile as they went past. While Heather knew none of technicalities, she loved watching military aircraft. She enjoyed our trip to the Royal International Air Tattoo in 2018 despite being in pain from her arthritic hip, so glad I booked grandstand seats.

Overall I coped fairly well, the numbers were restricted due to the Covid rules in Scotland but a surprising number of people accepted the invitation to attend at the graveside.

There have been many touching comments on Facebook and there have been some wonderful messages in some of the cards.

@mjw following my wife's experiences with chemo I highly recommend making use of the Helpline service. Heather was always reluctant and I could not persuade her make the call. Twice she ended up in hospital with infections requiring IV antibiotics.

Thank you @cctaylor for even thinking of me after the day you must have had. I availed myself of the helpline after my first treatment when the anti-emetics took me unawares with constipation. After two and a half days I was busting for a - well, I don’t want to put you off your tea.
Thanks again and bless you.

I wanted to smarten up my home built streamer and had some spare offcuts of oak. I also got a local guy to powder coat the sides as they were silver. I am pleased with the result

008i3skNgy1gyd9hsrfwkj31400u079z.jpg

008i3skNgy1gyd9hqq6wlj31400u0dmt.jpg

I wanted to smarten up my home built streamer and had some spare offcuts of oak. I also got a local guy to powder coat the sides as they were silver. I am pleased with the result

008i3skNgy1gyd9hsrfwkj31400u079z.jpg

008i3skNgy1gyd9hqq6wlj31400u0dmt.jpg

the aesthetic is not my cup of char, but I appreciate nice work - looks nicely constructed. What's inside of your home built streamer? RPi?

There is an PI, however that is purely to run the screen, has its own power source.
Some motherboard the name of which escapes me running roon core
A fancy PCI USB, with its own linear power supply, that goes to a dac.
The he blue light is unfortunate its literally the only one I could source to arrive this year at the size I wanted, I am guessing I could put a resister in to calm it down a bit.

There is an PI, however that is purely to run the screen, has its own power source.
Some motherboard the name of which escapes me running roon core
A fancy PCI USB, with its own linear power supply, that goes to a dac.
The he blue light is unfortunate its literally the only one I could source to arrive this year at the size I wanted, I am guessing I could put a resister in to calm it down a bit.

the blue light doesn't shout on the photo, but I am sure it does in reality (like all other blue lights)

This has been an odd week.

Lots of bad news which I shall not burden pfm with.

Good News :)

Got my eye on some speakers for The Daughter, but I keep moving my own goalposts. Discussed with The Wife, who agrees with me - this is irregular for The Wife to agree so readily, so maybe it isn’t such a daft idea.

Seabass with rice, garden peas and fried onions tonight. yums.

Yeti passed its M.o.T.
Got the adaptable bi-xenon lamps in the car adjusted. A lot better, hate the idea of blinding other drivers and these bulbs boil the vitreous fluid in your eyeballs. :cool:

Jolly cold today, glad the wind wasn’t up.

My body ached this morning after my first swim for a month.

This morning I played table tennis with the Cancer Support Group, I actually won a couple of games today. Steadily getting better, it was 50 years since I played until recently.

Got home to find Mrs Seagull cleaning the cooker! Miss seagull's graduation ceremony has been rescheduled (for the second time) and now clashes with our nephew's twice postponed wedding!

Zoom drop in meeting with CSG including a Wellness session (I must admit that I fell asleep!) Mrs Seagull felt much better after the session though, the group are really supportive, whatever the problem.

G&T for her, beer for me. Brighton vs Palace on the TV tonight!

Today (5-6pm) I have played 5-a-side, having not touched a ball for 20 years and having pretty much zero fitness (I do a good amount of walking and weight lifting, but no proper cardio since hanging the bike up last September, is that enough excuse’s :)).

10 minutes in I was blowing like a steam train, I’d tweaked my left upper calf/hamstring, then 20 minutes later pulled my right thigh (low to medium pain), I kept soldiering on, trying my hardest, but fading and fading as the game went on, then with a few minutes to go thigh went fully (high pain).

So, sat here now nursing a few muscle pulls here and there (right thigh is a solid 8 out of 10 on the pain Richter scale), pretty much exactly what I thought would happen :D.

Not bad for nearly 54 years young…..

(One day I’ll grow up!).

Met with an electrician who I have been waiting for 2 months . Need to organise a fan in a double glazing unit so that's in hand

Then met with lots of residents who coughed up a small amount to pay tree surgeons who did work today which I organised as fed up with clearing up leaves

Normally many flats have service charges but these don't and it's very hard getting maintenance done as no one wants to pay

Finally made a decision after trying a few options and getting nowhere.

The Daughter now has her first set of proper speakers - pmc FB1+

They are for her birthday, but she had no idea that that they were coming. Daughter is on Nights at present and had just got up after a few hours kipola. Her face was a picture. The Wife and The Daughter got the speakers into the house, unpacked them and I connected them whilst tea was made.
And there was much rejoicing.
They need a spirit-level set-up but that can wait till Daughter isn’t in Night Shift Zombie mode.

Not the best in terms of amplification or sources, but the speakers are a good foundation to build on.
(audiolab 8000a, Sansui direct drive deck, arcam alpha 7 c.d. player.)

I am exhausted now after the weird day (started off with bizarre dreams about being hunted by living Mud shapeless monsters - about 03:00 hrs, so I went for a statutory pee.) I have had.
Panicked a little bit when I saw that the money I had paid for The Daughter’s speakers was registered as ‘pending’ to come out of the account x5 :eek:
Long telecom to the bank, Wife ready to take over, reassured that the dough is only coming out once…. I will check this daily as I pooed my pants when I saw the amount debited from the account :confused:
Stuff like that freaks my head out.

The Wife is cooking something nice, sometimes I prefer not to know - it adds to the excitement of the day. Wife has told me a few times what she is cooking, and I saw her cooking it, but I am boggered if I can remember what it is.

Having a v & t whilst listening to some loud bouncy music, pleased with today’s efforts.

May I be the first to say, “Happy Easter.”

Making our first batch of marmalade from this year’s Seville oranges. We have enough for 3 batches, two we bought ourselves and one given to us by a friend of my wife when she got hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back