Not open for further replies.
self-inflicted haircut

Visit to my parents

poussin and cous cous later

more Squid Game, 4 episodes left

a batch a Singles/45’s to go to Headway charity shop

all go here.

Seem to have woken up with a cold.

work - dealing with visa issues for staff. Chairing an ethics committee this afternoon

repairing a shed window that some kind chap removed very kindly without breaking it in the middle of the night . now the shed looks like fort knox with wire grills on windows and new locks on doors . thank goodness they didnt burgle in the middle of winter

Dentist (just a clean). Car had less than quarter of a tank so filled up, absolutely no supply issues at all.
Toad in the hole for supper. Result!

points do make prizes - 2 weeks ago free hotel stay in Central London courtesy of Hilton, coming up in November another in Cambridge courtesy of Marriot

Trying to make a plinth for a turntable, it never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is to
- plane a piece of wood to a straight edge
- cut an orthogonal line across a piece of wood
- join two pieces of wood to make a right angle
- not cut yourself when using a chisel (even a blunt one)
- … the list is endless
I would buy some decent tools but then I’d have no excuse.

At one point I was confronted by a small woolly dog which took a dislike to me, barking and growling and baring his teeth. The owner came bustling along, very apologetic, and dragged the mutt away, saying 'Sorry, he's normally very friendly'. Maybe the dog felt threatened by my umbrella.
This afternoon a bloke with two big dogs came towards me, holding one lead in each hand. When the dogs saw me he had to lean backwards at forty-five degrees to avoid being dragged along on his stomach at double dog speed. Then one of them caught sight of a sheep and started pulling at right angles instead. I thought the poor guy was going to be pulled apart like a wishbone. He managed to drag one dog back, but it then proceeded to run around and between man and partner tying all three up in knots. Kudos to the guy, he still managed to splutter ‘good afternoon.’

I managed to turn the next corner before laughing, then turned my remarkable engineering brain to the task of avoiding starvation on the remaining two miles of the journey home.

51558395078_842d007209_z.jpg

Last edited:
Finished Squid Game on Netflix.

The Wife and I felt let down by the end of the series as it was obviously heading towards another.

Started off as a decent concept, spoiled by lack of ambition.
Groan-worthy.
Kids might get something out of it.

Went to see my parents earlier today. Tried to talk to them about care of my sister when they die, but they weren’t having any of it. Emphasised that we cannot care for her, and they need to stop ignoring the fact that they are going to die in the next decade, and my sister needs some tough love. Bloody parents.

Summoned to the Doctors’ surgery for an AAA scan. The lady operating the machine said she was delighted to tell me I was normal. [Insert insulting joke of your choice here.]

Collected elderly couple from airport following their holiday. They spent the first half of the journey arguing about the best way to get his hearing aid fixed (loudly, obvs) and the second half complaining about falling standards at the hotel.

Ordered my first ever pair of varifocals following my optician’s advice. Now practicing soft landings falling downstairs as most of my friends tell me I’ll be doing a lot of it.

Hoping to eat outside this evening and tomorrow. Any nights warm enough after the end of September are a serious bonus. Cook’s carbonnade de boeuf is already on the hob and that always gives an inner glow. Tonight it’ll be preceded by Rochefort (duh) and accompanied by Saint Cosme CdR, which will also keep the chills out towards midnight.

magazine wanted to run pics on me and do a case study on this scam domestic repair company i have discovered . afraid to say i bottled out in case any repercussions but the magazine is certainly on the case and persuing them

its hard to get a reply from this ` emergency ` repair company . the website seems to have gone down partially now . i wonder where it will resurface !!

magazine wanted to run pics on me and do a case study on this scam domestic repair company i have discovered . afraid to say i bottled out in case any repercussions but the magazine is certainly on the case and persuing them

its hard to get a reply from this ` emergency ` repair company . the website seems to have gone down partially now . i wonder where it will resurface !!

but we know who you are ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back