advertisement

Theresa May Andrew Neil BBC1

Even the Daily Mail commenters were scathing about May's performance. 'Strong and stable' crumbled yesterday and we all saw it.

Nervous, angry, easily rattled, and she has to stick to repeating vacuous phrases as she is not a politician with strong principles or beliefs. She changes them to suit the popular mood. That is why she answers questions like "What is the time?" with "Well, what I would say is that it's only by having a strong economy...".

She got through unscathed. Only fishy haters will hate even more. For the rest of the population it was a glaze-over interview. She will be happy with it. It was bland and no major clangers were dropped and subsequently reported on, no embarrassment. Nothing to see here, unfortunately.

Spot on, stuck to the script, no holes dug. It works.

Even the Daily Mail commenters were scathing about May's performance. 'Strong and stable' crumbled yesterday and we all saw it.

Nervous, angry, easily rattled, and she has to stick to repeating vacuous phrases as she is not a politician with strong principles or beliefs. She changes them to suit the popular mood. That is why she answers questions like "What is the time?" with "Well, what I would say is that it's only by having a strong economy...".

Dacre wanted to bring her to heel. Now that he's got her and her team's full attention, he'll reward with fulsome praise and all manner of false accusations against Corbyn in the lead up to June. Provided she sticks to the Dacre script.

weak and wobbly

I think the point is that evidence to date suggests this utterly transparent contempt for the electorate achieves its goal of getting a simple message across to enough and securing votes.

The question this time is whether enough of the electorate have wised up and whether the contraspin of social media can encourage even the most simple to delve deeper?

Nuttalls has repositioned his tiny faction as "the guard dogs of Brexit" (sic.) and now that £350m a week from the EU won't go to the NHS, he's repurposed the foreign aid budget for that. Let's hope this complete stranger to the truth, along with Dementiagate get some of the older white voters back off the Tories and split their vote in June.
I think the useful idiot can do something positive for the country before he goes on the dole.

You can hate and hope for an outcome so much, you see stuff that isn't there. Where are the headlines, please? Ones like 'May Makes Complete Tit Of Herself In Neil Interview Like Diane Abbott Did Last Week ON LBC'

The Guardian can only manage 'May Struggles in Neil Interview'

Where are the headlines, please? Ones like 'May Makes Complete Tit Of Herself In Neil Interview Like Diane Abbott Did Last Week ON LBC'

I know I'll get slated for this and by all means delete my post but she must have been so relieved last night, if you know what I mean.

I've now got the t shirt

34706768941_1b37cbd369_m.jpg

Oh I have got to have one of those, where di you get it?

Really? You must be an exceptionally poor judge of character!

Yep any moral integrity she may have had in the eyes of people was destroyed last night. That was the real damage the interview inflicted.

May refuses to say we changed manifesto, Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA bombings explicitly ... Ho, hum

it IS feasible that a parliamentary majority can be won by pandering to the same vegetable minority that have given us the X Factor, Big Brother, Britain's Got Talent and other such non challenging forms of entertainment.

Not so much feasible as a given, I would say. Otherwise how can you account for the winning party being the one The Sun has backed since 1979?

It may be trite but never forget half the electorate are of below average intelligence. You are not going to win without the support of those who like you because of your hair/beard/accent/resemblance to Uncle Jim. Beyond that factor in media support and TwitFace targetting - then how you dealt with John Humphrys or Andrew Neil becomes minimally important.

May refuses to say we changed manifesto, Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA bombings explicitly ... Ho, hum

Corbyn, from the Sky interview that is the source of smears that he did not condemn IRA bombings:

“I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”

Thought it worth pointing out.

You can hate and hope for an outcome so much, you see stuff that isn't there. Where are the headlines, please? Ones like 'May Makes Complete Tit Of Herself In Neil Interview Like Diane Abbott Did Last Week ON LBC'

The Guardian can only manage 'May Struggles in Neil Interview'

Gosh! right wing press supports right wingers
Another strange thing, Gove gets the tory figures wrong TWICE but hardly a mention
http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/michael-gove-numbers-hopelessly-wrong/

Corbyn, from the Sky interview that is the source of smears that he did not condemn IRA bombings:

“I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”

Thought it worth pointing out.

Eventually..... can't help thinking he would have preferred not to have gone that far.

advertisement

Back