advertisement

Theresa May Andrew Neil BBC1

fay spook

pfm Member
Jeez. This isn't even clever avoiding of all the questions. She is basically saying the manifesto is worthless. Theres more. Watch it

Fatous, unconvincing platitudes, interspersed with vague innuendo about Corbyn. It's the only tool in Theresa's box.

My god its painful to watch her squirm and divert. She will lead our Brexit negotiation with strong and stable leadership, oh we are so screwed :( Its one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a politician let alone a PM.

I know, "Corbyn is trying to sneak into no 10". No he's not, he is a leader of a party fighting an election. Nothing sneaky.

Who does one vote for?

I love the bit about controlling immigration (FAIL) when she talks about how it will be after Brexit. We don't have an agreement on what will happen post Brexit, so how does she know?

Yep Mr Neil is going for the jugular, I would laugh if it were a comedy but alas, its my kids future.

He has an easy job here. Well worth it. Settle down with your favourite tipple and watch it. The trouble is this is real life and not a comedy

I just said to mrs hc25036 that if this is the quality of leader we have to choose from, we are truly screwed

I haven't watched it yet, will in a bit. Doesn't sound good though. :(

I think if she could resign she would, well basically she has by holding a GE.

The Tories have a paper thin manifesto and their defence is that Corbyn's being too sneaky and trying to win an election. I laugh...

No he played her, letting her rattle on like an empty bucket.

This is exactly what Neil does when on form, he just ensures the interviewee has a hole of his choosing and a spade and allows them to dig. I've seen him do it to spectacular effect with the likes of Oliver Lettwin, Nigel Farage, George Galloway etc. He knows he doesn't need to demolish someone when they'll do it themselves. I've not seen this May interview yet (I'll watch it on iPayer after Newsnight), but the inescapable backdrop here is one of "strong and stable leadership", and it sounds like he allowed her to demonstrate the exact opposite.

Andrew Neil gave her an easy ride, but that didn't hide the fact she clearly doesn't know what she's doing. Poorly briefed and a liar - she has just ten things to keep saying over and over - and she wants to lead us into negotiations with Angela Merkel. Oh dear!

Next time she says, "As I say..." replace it with "I've got fcuk all else to say..." and it will be easier to see through her.

It was frightening - I got the sense that the Conservative Manifesto had been thrown together as an after thought with little substance and even less to back it up. The lack of detail was flabbergasting. Arrogant is not the word.

The questions around where money was to come from to fund things like the NHS were not even remotely answered.

It seems to me that the she is basing our future on a strong economy that she has no idea how to deliver.

As much as Corbyn makes my skin crawl May is even worse.

It was frightening - I got the sense that the Conservative Manifesto had been thrown together as an after thought with little substance and even less to back it up. The lack of detail was flabbergasting. Arrogant is not the word.

The questions around where money was to come from to fund things like the NHS were not even remotely answered.

It seems to me that the she is basing our future on a strong economy that she has no idea how to deliver.

As much as Corbyn makes my skin crawl May is even worse.

The return of the Nasty Party. May will be alarmed to see that the Tory lead has been cut by half to 14 points. Labour's Manifesto was a bit of a master stroke.As long as they keep Abbott in the cupboard they may make further gains over the next few days.

She looked nervous & uncomfortable

not a great fan of the presenter, have to admit.

His line of questioning seems to be, ask the question, wait for an answer, no matter what the answer, keep asking the same question, tedious back & forth nonsense.

Thatch would have eaten him for tea.
She looks out of her depth when it gets real, away from pre-planned questions & the comfy surroundings of parliament & her backers.

Brexit is not the place for May, I feel she may think the same.

I'm getting a sneaky feeling this election is far from over for Corbyn.

People can see she's hollow now - all front, prescripted slanders on her opponents and no substance. That tiny uncosted manifesto, unravelling at the first yank by Dacre. They got out of bed in June last year and found they'd created Brexit and no clue what to do with the eight legged bastard.

This does not augur well for the negotiation with a united Europe.

advertisement

Back