advertisement

The runners' thread... (part II)

London Calling!

Anyone following in Joe's footsteps on Sunday?

342347190-978390099845554-7590266179499645463-n.jpg

^^ Nice one - great running!

Parkrun this morning, then a ~10k warmdown. A fine morning for it, but feeling tired now. Or maybe that was the lunchtime beer...:cool:

It's a shame Eilish McColgan has withdrawn from tomorrow - would have been great to see what she could do.

Reactions: GT
Out for a damp marathon sympathy run this morning - good luck to all 45,000 (!!) runners!

What a race!

Fantastic effort from Hassan, stopping to stretch, missing drinks, fetching drinks for others, and an unbelieveable finish! I have a feeling she'll be back!

Kiptum just astonishing - incredible negative split and mainly out on his own.

Reactions: GT
Spectacular running in both the mens and the womans race. Shame Eilish wasn't allowed to run. Its always the same when money and politics are involved in sport...

Stepped out this morning for a 10k but it was so nice out I decided to carry on and made it a half, mainly on trails which have now dried up a little (If a little overgrown in places) - lovely.
Parkrun yesterday too, first one back at the summer course, which was still a little soft underfoot in patches.

Couple of 10k races entered in June, so suppose I'd better try and get out a little more...and a little less beer..

Still doing it. Plus chucking a kettle bell around and other lifting stuff. Watched the run in Manchester on the Beeb earlier. Didn’t realise Peter Hook was one of us

Building back up again, first time in a long while my hip has been pain free. Perhaps there was a benefit to all those colds and bugs this winter…
Anyway nice and steady 13km yesterday, back out again tonight for a short one hopefully.

I’m intrigued; how old are the pfm runners? I’m 64.
Currently pottering on about 3 short runs a week, but plan to start building up to a fell race or two this year.

52 here. Getting back onto my old routine, did a great 10 miler on Saturday that was my biggest run in months. Of course the new shoes helped ;)
I need an event to go for, as I didn't enter the GNR this year.

54 in a month. I've done a couple of 5k this year (yet to break 20 - but came v. close in April), a 10k (42:40 - little slow than I'd hoped for), and currently building up distance for what I hope will be my first half marathon in October. Plus some sprint and standard distance triathlons this summer, starting in a couple of weeks.

I'm finding that I get pains on the outside of my knees when I run further than about 8 miles, but I don't think it's IT band because it's only when running and goes away immediately afterward. I previously had IT band soreness and it persisted after running. Any ideas from fellow pfm runners ?

65 here, just getting back from 7 weeks out in Feb/March with tendinopathy. My left hamstring was a mess and sitting down for more than 30 mins was uncomfortable. Suddenly after no change in the 7 weeks it started to slowly improve. I've built the miles up again from 25mpw to 55mpw over several weeks and everything is hanging together. Also a nice Parkrun progression since the injury with 24.28, 23.42, 23.12, 22.46 and 22.35 last weekend.
I had to withdraw from London due to the above but went as a supporter anyway. We're only a small town club but to see our top 3 guys finish in 2.27, 2.32 & 2.43 was a delight to see. I need to requalify for a London Good for Age place so I'm considering the Warsaw marathon in September.
Hope all the PFM runners are injury free and getting out there, I do enjoy summer runs.

Has anyone had luck with sorting IT band issues? Whilst I've had the common catalogue of problems over the years - runner's knee, plantar fasciitis - the IT band is the most persistent and I'm not sure how to improve it. It came on about 2 years ago and has been kicking in like clockwork between 4.5 and 6km. I then have to stop. I've rested it for months with no change. Recently (3 weeks) I've been running only on the gym treadmill and have managed 5, 6 and 7km which is positive.

The advice out there for IT band is pretty contradictory. Roll/don't roll, stretch/stretching doesn't work...

Be good to hear a success story.

Rob

When I’ve had IT the band worked well. I used to have to stop sometimes to tighten it up. I once ran a half with a sleeve and IT band on each knee

advertisement

Back