advertisement

The Premiership ofLiz Truss. Sept 2022-Oct 2022. New PM time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 nominations needed by Monday - rules Spaffer oot?

"Brady: Candidates for leader will need 100 MP backers
Sir Graham Brady has announced that nominations for the new Tory leadership contest "are now open".

They'll close at 2pm on Monday, he adds.

Speaking outside Parliament, he says candidates will be expected to have "at least 100" MPs backing them to progress to the next stage."

It's all being set up for a unity candidate being the only candidate. Sunak or Wallace. I suspect it'll be Wallace, because Sunak has too many enemies in the parliamentary party, and Hunt wants to be a chancellor with clout. 100 nominations rules out Bozo, Sue Ellen and probably Mordaunt.

Perhaps his constituents will be sufficiently fed up to recall him. If not hopefully the upcoming investigation will rid us of the blond sack of pus for good.

There is a very good chance he’d lose his seat in a GE. Really we need to find a way to bring the country to that point. There is zero mandate for any of this shit. This government has fallen by any logical metric. They now need removing from power by any means IMHO.

PS I read some stats earlier somewhere that suggested if there was a GE tomorrow the SNP would be the opposition party with more seats than the Tories! That is where we are. That is the credibility of this government.

It's all being set up for a unity candidate being the only candidate. Sunak or Wallace. I suspect it'll be Wallace, because Sunak has too many enemies in the parliamentary party, and Hunt wants to be a chancellor with clout. 100 nominations rules out Bozo, Sue Ellen and probably Mordaunt.

Take the 12/1

Torygraph still blaming those pesky Remoaners.

PWiUT4B.png

It doesn’t really matter who the new Tory leader is. They won’t be taken seriously internationally - who would want to enter discussions with someone who may not be in power soon? - which means there is not unlikely to be much progress on key issues (eg, NI protocol, better EU relations), and inward investment will not recover. For similar reasons, I think the prospect of the UK joining CPTPP by the end of this year is lower now.

There is some logic in calling for a general election, but I don’t know who I would vote for. Which main party has a policy to reverse Brexit? Eventually, this question needs to return to the UK political discourse as a policy of a party that has the prospect of a parliamentary majority.

There is a very good chance he’d lose his seat in a GE. Really we need to find a way to bring the country to that point. There is zero mandate for any of this shit. This government has fallen by any logical metric. They now need removing from power by any means IMHO.

PS I read some stats earlier somewhere that suggested if there was a GE tomorrow the SNP would be the opposition party with more seats than the Tories! That is where we are. That is the credibility of this government.

It's possible that Johnson may be moved to a safe seat (there still are some) as many Tory MPs are leaving at the end of this parliament.

Some Tory MPs apparently threatening to trigger by-elections or resign the whip (i.e. remain as independent MPs) if Britain Trump is brought back (Twitter).

It doesn’t really matter who the new Tory leader is. They won’t be taken seriously internationally - who would want to enter discussions with someone who may not be in power soon? - which means there is not unlikely to be much progress on key issues (eg, NI protocol, better EU relations), and inward investment will not recover. For similar reasons, I think the prospect of the UK joining CPTPP by the end of this year is lower now.

There is some logic in calling for a general election, but I don’t know who I would vote for. Which main party has a policy to reverse Brexit? Eventually, this question needs to return to the UK political discourse as a policy of a party that has the prospect of a parliamentary majority.

I like your avatar. It's where the Tories are going to end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back