advertisement

The Premiership ofLiz Truss. Sept 2022-Oct 2022. New PM time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can’t believe this is happening.

Surely no way BJ could come back

A blind man could see this panning out the way it did.

I’ve been saying for months on here that there will be a GE before Christmas I still stand by that, the tories have imploded.

If they do have a coronation candidate lined up then you can bet your bottom dollar that he or she will be gone by Christmas then we’re in constitutional crisis territory.

Surely no way BJ could come back

The idiot-wing of the Tory Party, which is arguably most of it, seem to want it, but I’d expect it to be viewed as too risky by those who really hold the power. Johnson, like his mentor Trump, has a very long history of law breaking and likely has much that could be challenged legally. His endless breaches of the Ministerial Code for a start. It would be interesting to forensically examine his finances too, e.g. how has he legitimately been claiming his MP’s salary despite not having been in the country for a long while, let alone his constituency or HoC. He is a crook and needs treating as such.

PS I see no entries on Members Interests for the current American speaking tour.

Boris still has the Standards and Privileges committee to deal with doesn’t he…but they are desperate and for some unfathomable reason many Tory voters will be up for it, bit like asking Hannibal Lector back for dinner after he cracked a guests head open and used a spoon to eat the brain like a boiled egg last time he visited:eek:

Boris still has the Standards and Privileges committee to deal with doesn’t he…but they are desperate and for some unfathomable reason many Tory voters will be up for it, bit like asking Hannibal Lector back for dinner after he cracked a guests head open and used a spoon to eat the brain like a boiled egg last time he visited:eek:

If anyone wants to see just how vile and rabid Tory voters actually are have a look at Julia Hartley-Brewer’s Twitter feed. I won’t link to it here as the bigotry in evidence in the responses is often far beyond this site’s AUP (vile racism, transphobia etc), but there are a lot there backing the return of Britain Trump.

We should be in no doubt, there are a lot of people in the UK who very much welcome Trump popularism/fascism. The whole Ben Shapiro/Hanity/Alex Jones mindset is here and it lives in a substantive area of the Tory voterbase.

A blind man could see this panning out the way it did.

I’ve been saying for months on here that there will be a GE before Christmas I still stand by that, the tories have imploded.

If they do have a coronation candidate lined up then you can bet your bottom dollar that he or she will be gone by Christmas then we’re in constitutional crisis territory.

They'll only go if they're put under more pressure twotone, implosion won't be enough with the majority they have, I feel. This is why Labour and the TUC have to turn the ratchet and not sit on their hands for the next two years and 3 months...

Based on the process just announced I predict Spaffer will be the next PM. Madness.

PS. I’ll amend my post and say if he gets to the members vote, Spaffer will win. Sunak is far too brown to be voted for by the typical Tory party member, as we have seen before.

Umm. We live in a democracy, but the rules of this particular democracy do not require a General Election when a Prime Minister resigns/is sacked/dies. The idea that change of PM should mean a General Election only really dates back to when Blair handed over to Brown. Naturally each opposition party wants a General Election when it is ahead in the polls, but there’s no constitutional reason why the governing party shouldn’t change leaders as often as it wants to; it is the party, not the PM, which is elected.

They are making it up as they go along. But if it goes to the public...

Johnson wins. Bigly.

He's massively unpopular in the country, and would guarantee a Labour landslide at the next election. Not a chance they will choose him. The members might, but they won't be allowed to, he won't make it onto the ballot. it would finish them completely to bring him back.

100 nominations needed by Monday - rules Spaffer oot?

"Brady: Candidates for leader will need 100 MP backers
Sir Graham Brady has announced that nominations for the new Tory leadership contest "are now open".

They'll close at 2pm on Monday, he adds.

Speaking outside Parliament, he says candidates will be expected to have "at least 100" MPs backing them to progress to the next stage."

They’ll want someone bland, maybe Mordaunt. (Maybe her campaign video will no doubt be dusted off, unless the makers of Little Britain have already sued for breach of copyright).

At Paddy Power:

Rishi Sunak - 8/11

Penny Mordaunt - 11/5

Boris Johnson - 11/2

Ben Wallace - 12/1

Kemi Badenoch - 33/1

Jeremy Hunt - 40/1

Apparently she hasn’t been in post long enough to claim it. I think it requires two months.

PS Another question is why we are paying £84k a year for lying grandstanding shithead Boris Johnson to jet around America on a £150k a gig speaking tour despite his not having been in his constituency or the HoC for ages. As ever the Conservative Party is a criminal entity.

Perhaps his constituents will be sufficiently fed up to recall him. If not hopefully the upcoming investigation will rid us of the blond sack of pus for good.

He's massively unpopular in the country, and would guarantee a Labour landslide at the next election. Not a chance they will choose him. The members might, but they won't be allowed to, he won't make it onto the ballot. it would finish them completely to bring him back.

Yes, I mean the Tory public, not the general public.

Judging by this afternoon, I don't think the 1922 morons know what they are doing, but they would probably quite like just 1 candidate on Monday and peace to reign after that. But that would assume the Tories aren't full of self-interested spivs. I reckon there will be at least 1 spiv to spoil things. I reckon it will be the clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back