advertisement

The PFM 'Printing' thread

A spot of printing and framing over the festive break? Don't mind if I do :)

31545009817_b01defc908_b.jpg

18" x 12" print

Fotospeed Matt Ultra 240 / Canon Pro-1000

Lefty

Enjoying some printing on New Year's Day :)

31615401247_71b850ee60_b.jpg

Fotospeed Matt Ultra 240 / Canon Pro-1000

Lefty

Last edited:
It's all @Lefty 's fault.....

Now printing even bigger!!! A2 paper cut down to 329mm wide, set custom paper size in printer (329 x 594)

Dinowic (Fotospeed Matt Ultra)

I can see where this is going ..... Pro-1000 .......

Guilty as charged :D

Nice discovery - just saw your post on FB. Wish I knew this when I had my Epson P600!

You know you want the Pro-1000. It's available for £850 and is superb. IMHO it would make a better buy than a new lens / camera :)

Lefty

@AudioAl - it sure was! We could do with some of that right about now. Sick of this dull, dreary and mild weather.

BTW - how are you getting on with your Canon Pro-1000?

Lefty

@AudioAl - sorry to hear that :( Is it setup or is it still sitting in the box? Here's hoping you're able to start using it soon.

Lefty

Its set up on a temp table the bloody thing is HUGE , I have 2 day off comming up soon and will have a go at printing something , Hope its not dried up

pro1000.jpg

I blame lefty too. ;)
My Pixma 9500 finally died. I heard these are easy to use and set up. Just unpacked it two hours ago.

Its set up on a temp table the bloody thing is HUGE , I have 2 day off comming up soon and will have a go at printing something , Hope its not dried up

Print out a nozzle check pattern (under the maintenance tab). This will tell you if the nozzles are blocked. Let us know how you get on!

pro1000.jpg

I blame lefty too. ;)
My Pixma 9500 finally died. I heard these are easy to use and set up. Just unpacked it two hours ago.

Excellent! Another one joins the gang - interested to hear how you get on :)

@Mr Perceptive - when is yours arriving? :D

[QUOTE="Lefty, post: 3568274, member: 1417"

@Mr Perceptive - when is yours arriving? :D[/QUOTE]

Stop it, stop it .................. You know I have the breaking strain of a wet kit-Kat, I'm sure it's an inevitable purchase, but not until later in the year......

I think you lot are crackers. I use a venerable Epson Stylus Pro 3800, and it gives me exhibition quality prints that look exactly the same as the image on my screen. It gives me virtually no trouble, but I bought a second one a while back for less than £200 as a backup, it too makes perfect A3 prints. I read the reviews on the new gen printers such as the P800 and Pro-1000, and the broad consensus is that that if you have a 3800 or a 3880 and it works, you are wasting your money.

advertisement

Back