advertisement

The PFM 'Printing' thread

Eeeeeek! Just pulled the trigger on a Canon Pro-1000. A 40KG A2 printer. Arrives tomorrow. I haven't been this excited in ages :D

The Epson SC-P600 (+ spare inks and custom icc profiles) will be for sale soon. Please PM if you are interested :)

Lefty

Nice one, plenty of useful stuff here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=canon+pro1000+jose

You'll need a second mortgage when you come to replace ink cartridges though!!!!

Nice one, plenty of useful stuff here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=canon+pro1000+jose

You'll need a second mortgage when you come to replace ink cartridges though!!!!

Excellent thanks - yes, I've seen some of Jose's videos before. There's a guy who is seriously into his printing!!

In terms of replacing cartridges, a full set is very expensive (around £480 at full retail), but the cost per ml is actually very low. (the carts are 80ml compared to the 26ml in the P600). I'm hoping to get at least 2 years of use out of the original carts, hopefully more. I'm also looking forward to using the accounting software which tells you the exact cost per print, as it knows how much ink was used and you can tell it the cost of the paper. The results will be interesting I'm sure :)

Lefty

So here's my first 'show and tell' from the Pro-1000. An old favourite from The Lakes :)

30228437678_05b3bcfe60_c.jpg

Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300

Lefty

amar.

you must have a very big house.

Not especially. I'm just lucky enough to have my own room which I can use as I wish. It was my listening room but as you can imagine, has become more of a photography room over the past 4 years :)

Lefty

100% disagree
:)

I could not get anywhere near that quality.

Can't take good pics but I know a good one when I see it

Really pleased with the Pro-1000. Had to share another print which I made last night.

The image was obtained from Unsplash and isn't my own (it was taken by a photographer called John O'Nolan). It was taken in Lofoten, Norway, a place which is definitely on my bucket list!

42304360070_61a9bed3ff_c.jpg

Fotospeed PF Lustre 275

Lefty

Not especially. I'm just lucky enough to have my own room which I can use as I wish. It was my listening room but as you can imagine, has become more of a photography room over the past 4 years :)

Lefty

no, no -- what i meant is where do hang all of these framed prints?

@vuk - ah.... I understand now! Sadly, I ran out of wall space long ago, so most of the framed prints are not on the wall. I think I may have a problem.... :D

Lefty

@vuk - ah.... I understand now! Sadly, I ran out of wall space long ago, so most of the framed prints are not on the wall. I think I may have a problem.... :D

Lefty
Amar, have you thought about lending stuff to local cafés, this has the uptick of generating the occasional sale. It gives you a warm glow inside when you sell one, too!

Amar, have you thought about lending stuff to local cafés, this has the uptick of generating the occasional sale. It gives you a warm glow inside when you sell one, too!

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for the suggestion - definitely something I will explore :)

Lefty

So.... finally worked up the courage to make my first 'A2' print. (16" x 20" in this case to match the aspect ratio of the frame). Very happy with the results :)

It's hard to get a sense of scale with the photo, but this is a 'large' print! The printed butterfly is almost as big as my hand!

42466737110_80c5dd18fe_b.jpg

Canon Pro-1000 / Fotospeed Matt Ultra 240

Lefty

Last edited:
It's hard to get a sense of scale with the photo...

there's a chap in the US who makes custom shaving brushes and always phootgraphs them with a golf ball in the composition to get around this very problem.

advertisement

Back