advertisement

The Ongoing UKIP PR Disaster Thread (Part II)

And it says we've lost Coburn as well. He's been keeping a low profile, so how would we have known?
I’m not sure that great side of bacon could keep a low profile. A complete fraud on European tax payers’ money- eating Chinese takeaways while his alleged “chief of staff”(you have to laugh at the description) was getting himself on the sex offender’s register during office hours.

The Indie article referred to Coburn as “the UKip Scottish Leader”- it’s just him, the only ever UKIP MEP who sneaked in on a list vote.

Just to clarify what Coburn has written, according to the BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-46481637
In his letter, Mr Coburn wrote: "As a unionist, I abhor English nationalism as much as I abhor Scottish nationalism.

"The party has been infiltrated by people with an alternative agenda, which is not the one on which I stood when I was elected and sadly does not represent the values for which UKIP once stood.

"I did not run on an anti-Islam platform. Unfortunately, this seems to be the direction that UKIP is taking - obsessing about this issue to the exclusion of all else at a time when we might lose the Brexit we fought so hard for."

Article in the Guardian suggesting who Tommy's backers are (well, he IS the best known UKIPer now, isn't he?) https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/07/tommy-robinson-global-support-brexit-march
An analysis conducted for the Guardian by the London-based Institute for Strategic Dialogue found that more than 40% of the tweets came from the US, 30% from the UK and other significant volumes from Canada, the Netherlands and nine other countries.

A separate study of about 600 Twitter accounts, believed to be directly tied to the Russian government or closely aligned with its propaganda, found significant numbers had tweeted prolifically in Robinson’s defence.

On Facebook, Robinson has more than 1 million followers from at least a dozen countries outside the UK, including the US, Australia, Sweden and Norway.

If true that is deeply worrying. Yaxley-Lennon clearly has traction already as can be seen from the vile scum that marches behind him at every opportunity. He is exceptionally dangerous IMHO and stands more chance of popularising the uniquely British black-shirt/NF/BNP style of fascism than anyone since Moseley. Given the all but inevitable post-Brexit slums, mass unemployment and gammon riots he may well have every opportunity to fan the flames too.

Any government with any sense should classify him as a terrorist and shut him right down at this point to save trouble later. He is potentially far more dangerous than his Abu Hamza equivalents as he potentially has a far larger audience. UKIP are clearly finished as a political party, I very much doubt they will win any seats no matter how useless and unfit for purpose Labour and Conservative are at present, but they are likely just starting on a far worse and far more dangerous trajectory.

Tommy’s the fresh face of English fascism. The EDL, ‘Britain’ First and the Football Lads Alliance will all fall in behind his white supremacist welk stall.

I notice from the BBC’s daily platforming right-wing nutters strand (Politics Live) that ex-UKIP EU expenses trough-feeder and non-personality Patrick O’Flynn has quietly and somewhat inexplicably ended up in the SDP, which amazingly is still a thing (Wiki).

Batten denying everything of course, but .............. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-46921529
A UKIP member who said he looked after party leader Gerard Batten at a rally called for a campaigner to be beheaded, a BBC investigation has found.

Kenneth Allen said Gina Miller, who campaigned for MPs to vote on Article 50, should have her head cut off and left outside Buckingham Palace.

He also said a "full pig" should have been thrown at a mosque in Blackpool.
Batten goes on to say that "I deplore the remarks made and these in no way represent the views of me, UKIP, or the overwhelming numbers of our membership.", so he's pretty much conceding that he knows UKIP contains members with these type of views.

Batten denying everything of course, but .............. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-46921529

Batten goes on to say that "I deplore the remarks made and these in no way represent the views of me, UKIP, or the overwhelming numbers of our membership.", so he's pretty much conceding that he knows UKIP contains members with these type of views.
It’s only a matter of time before they kill again.

My fear is that a lot of the unthinking, who may desert the Tories or Labour over Brexit, will vote UKIP, assuming it to still be the party of Farage in his blokey phase, rather than the ‘respectable’ face of the BNP.

A vox pop from Doncaster on PM today interviewed several Labour members, at least one of whom announced she was doing exactly that, and I doubt she was remotely aware of the direction the party has taken.

Unbelievable..... I think I've just had an encounter with the high priestess of gammon... I was in my local Lidl's just now and as I approached the end of the checkout I became aware that the old women in front of me appeared to be talking to herself... loudly... and then could here it... a barrage of abuse, delivered, well, just to the ether really, about immigrants, "lefties" N words etc. I nearly "lost it" and came close to giving her the the "Hairdryer-ing" of abuse from hell... only her age and the fact that she was clearly bat shit mad saved her:mad:

advertisement

Back