advertisement

The inevitable Royal Baby thread

Just read that Prince Charles was circumcised but Will and Harry weren't because "Diana put her foot down," which seems a rather harsh way to do it.

I wonder if there is a secret room in The Tower where jars of royal foreskins are kept in formaldehyde.

I'm not sure which polls you refer to, but I believe that when questioned most people have shown more of a total indifference, as apposed to "I support", but either way it's a outdated, very exspensive and archaic regime that is not needed in 2013
oldie

Also was it a loaded question - "Would you support the Royalty if you were given extra public holidays?". 80% is meaningless unless you know how the question and conclusion was drawn.

Andrew

Also was it a loaded question - "Would you support the Royalty if you were given extra public holidays?". 80% is meaningless unless you know how the question and conclusion was drawn.

Andrew

Follow the link I provided & find out. Don't speculate. Look.

Chris

It's irrelevant anyway.
I know Oldie well and he has a secret shed where he has pictures of the Royal family and all the books on them. It's like a shrine. Charles & Diana plates and cups like you wouldn't believe. This front he keeps up is just for appearances.
When Philip was in hospital he was camped outside.

This is going to cost him a fortune

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
That certainly is a beaut. I was quite tempted by a few royal pieces I saw when over in India, but alas backpacking made collecting royal memorabilia a bit impractical.

Come to think of it, the sprog will have a lot in common with ordinary people. He'll spend years wandering around vast desolate estates with no hope of worthwhile employment.

I'm not sure which polls you refer to, but I believe that when questioned most people have shown more of a total indifference, as apposed to "I support", but either way it's a outdated, very exspensive and archaic regime that is not needed in 2013
oldie

oudated...of course yes.

very expensive.... yes but think what revenue kate is bringing in.

archaic.... history is on the average

not needed? ...... some of you really are a bunch of moaning bores.

I'll bet some of you are a wow at parties. :(

chris I don't why you bothering arguing with them.

David

Kate will generate £billions for this country and like Diana has rejuvenated the British fashion industry. She also acts as an excellent ambassador for the country.

Oldie (who moans about her) is a sad old man, who spends his time doing nothing and his only proclivity is to moan about anyone who isn't skint.

Simple question - which one would you get rid of ?

Mick

Just watched the footage of them leaving the hospital, William mops his brow with a smile after fitting the car seat and Kate looks at the baby.

I think the future of the Monarchy is in good and grounded hands.

Best wishes to them all!

Just watched the footage of them leaving the hospital, William mops his brow with a smile after fitting the car seat and Kate looks at the baby.

I think the future of the Monarchy is in good and grounded hands.

Best wishes to them all!

Andrew

Yes I agree, the Monarchy is in a healthier position today than it has been for years.

Regards

Mick

It's irrelevant anyway.
I know Oldie well and he has a secret shed where he has pictures of the Royal family and all the books on them. It's like a shrine. Charles & Diana plates and cups like you wouldn't believe. This front he keeps up is just for appearances.
When Philip was in hospital he was camped outside.

This is going to cost him a fortune

Ahhhhhhhhh Rasher you've let my secrete out, I'll never be able to hold my head up again
oldie

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Try this one, for a start. And it's from a suitably lefty source, the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/24/queen-diamond-jubilee-record-support

Your views are very much in a minority.

Chris

I would hardly call the Guardian leftish, it's mainly read by the middle class wanabe's, but I suppose it depends on your starting viewpoint , but as I'm sure you are aware all polls are meaningless, you can tailor the questions so that you get the voluntary unbiased answers you want. I'm sure if I started a poll on here as to wether we all should donate a pound to you, or share out your wealth amongst ourselves, I think I know what the answer would be. A very fair poll I would have thought. :)
oldie

David

Kate will generate £billions for this country and like Diana has rejuvenated the British fashion industry. She also acts as an excellent ambassador for the country.

Oldie (who moans about her) is a sad old man, who spends his time doing nothing and his only proclivity is to moan about anyone who isn't skint.

Simple question - which one would you get rid of ?

Mick
You

oudated...of course yes.

very expensive.... yes but think what revenue kate is bringing in.

archaic.... history is on the average

not needed? ...... some of you really are a bunch of moaning bores.

I'll bet some of you are a wow at parties. :(

chris I don't why you bothering arguing with them.

Please give fact's and figures and not myths as far as I can remember there has never been any true collation of information as to wether any of the royals has ever brought in any money in to the country, in fact they have cost us dearly what with Philips senile grandmother burning down half of Hampton Court because she preferred candle light to electric, to the up keep of most of their multiple and unused accommodation. Let those who shouted in support of "call me Dave bedroom" tax, and send them back to were they came from, be some what less hypocritical, after all this lot has got to be the highest value/ cost scroungers to the UK economy . If you want them, you pay for them , me I don't wish to and would like the democratic opportunity not to.
oldie

Keith. We haven't had a King Keith yet.

The poor little baby signed up to come here imagining skateboarding, mountain biking, parties, girlies, music festivals, Thailand, driving route 66, getting wasted, surfing, etc. He'll have none of that.

We had my wife's American cousins over here last year and found ourselves outside Buckingham Palace (like you do :rolleyes: ) with something going on - changing of the guard or something, and up by the house were a bunch of lesser Royals dressed in their blazers and ties, along with these poor 8-10 year olds, dressed like little old men, having to watch this boring spectacle and being 'on duty'. These poor children will never do the things we loved to do and I feel extremely sorry for them all. Although King Keith will have a very privileged life removed from the worries of poverty, his life would not be one I would wish upon anyone; metaphorically gazing out of the palace window, watching normal children do fun stuff, whilst having to don another blazer and tie to stand at Westminster Abbey for hours on end at another bloody ceremony. He'll have no freedom to either be a normal child or be a normal adult, or have a normal relationship.

I truly hope he can find happiness in his artificially stunted 'life' and if he is the one to change things to end this ridiculousness, then I wish him well. It isn't his fault he was born into a hot seat. He is not yet one day old, and yet his life is already mapped out by others. The Monarchy is a terrible thing to have in this age of the enlightened and it's way past time it ended.

Mull

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith. We haven't had a King Keith yet.

The poor little baby signed up to come here imagining skateboarding, mountain biking, parties, girlies, music festivals, Thailand, driving route 66, getting wasted, surfing, etc. He'll have none of that.

But he will get to join the Royal Navy.

How about King Roscoe?

Please give fact's and figures and not myths [/B]as far as I can remember there has never been any true collation of information as to wether any of the royals has ever brought in any money in to the country, in fact they have cost us dearly what with Philips senile grandmother burning down half of Hampton Court because she preferred candle light to electric, to the up keep of most of their multiple and unused accommodation. Let those who shouted in support of "call me Dave bedroom" tax, and send them back to were they came from, be some what less hypocritical, after all this lot has got to be the highest value/ cost scroungers to the UK economy . If you want them, you pay for them , me I don't wish to and would like the democratic opportunity not to.
oldie

These pretty picture should put you in a better mood. Not my problem mate. lol

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/417028/The-world-turns-blue-to-welcome-the-Prince

advertisement

Back