advertisement

The Hi-Fi Show - Sunday 4th March 2012

Well looks like i'll be showing too again!:cool:

Got to get it sorted yet, but probably something simple for the second floor(not to many bits!) like:

Heybrook TT2/Linn Basik Plus/Golding 1012GX - Rotel RA-04 - Epos M12i

Something different to previous years....

Probably:rolleyes:

2F Syndicate 17 (for now at least!).

Rob.

Well looks like i'll be showing too again!:cool:

Got to get it sorted yet, but probably something simple for the second floor(not to many bits!) like:

Heybrook TT2/Linn Basik Plus/Golding 1012GX - Rotel RA-04 - Epos M12i

Something different to previous years....

Probably:rolleyes:

2F Syndicate 17 (for now at least!).

Rob.

I enjoyed your exhibition from last year.

Ive got my budget nearfield super system -
Philips CD850
Sony TA-F670ES
Keesonic Kolts

Room-1F 80
Basically a down scaled (price and size) version of last years room!

I'm thinking of going to Scalford for the day, only trouble is it’s a bit too far for me to drive there and back in a day. If anyone one wants to share the driving of my car and lives either near Rochdale or on route then I can accommodate 3 or 4 at a pinch in my car.

All sorted, a car load of Vikings are about to head south.

Hi all,

Due to some last minute bad luck with a shared room (unusual connection requirements) I will be unable to demo my amplifiers at its originally designated room

Instead, would anyone like to give these amps a whirl or even like the idea of using them for the day?

What makes these amps special?

- No caps in the signal path
- Triode (6S4S) push-pull, before-which the signal is split by a coupling interstage transformer (old-school style)
- Double choke power supply
- Tantalum resistors
- Top notch Sowter transformers

Sonically these amps are an education in themselves... in that its an old-school style amplifier taken to the extreme. The sonic results are mind-blowing, they produce a sense of realism that is really spooky (while keeping the music fun and powerful).

These are integrated monoblocks, each with a single pair of 4mm/banana loudspeaker sockets (I have 5m bi-wire cable for them if needed). Power about 7W but certainly beefier than my 300B SET. Will work on 89+dB/W/m loudspeakers.

00amps.jpg

Kind regards,

Andrew

I tried a Glasshouse TVC before I got my Grounded Grid. It sounded very transparent but lacked drive. The transparency was nice though.

We could give it a go.

Dont forget to come and see mE everyone in Syndicate room 18 on the second floor! I have a guest helper from the Wigwam site- Pierre the bear who is bringing his MartinLogan (Sequals?) speakers which we will swap in for 2-3 hours during the day too!

My LP12 has been upgraded significantly since last year as it sounded quire tired and has been treated to anArmaggedon, new vivid subchassis, ittok, t cable, Atf7 and a new phono amp. I've also changed my Naim Avondale amps for KRELL beasts which drive the KEF daleks better offering 4 times the juice!

Bring some CDs/vinyl along and give it a spin!

I am hoping amazon will deliver the newly releasing pressing of The Wall this week in time for a first playing?

See you there!

Bagga

AAGH.....2075s. Just when I thought they were expunged from my memory.

Utterly 'orrible sounding. A colleague had a pair, driven by a huge f-off pioneer receiver. Shouty, boomy, tizzy. He flogged them in jig time & replaced them with a pair of IMF TLS 50s. Now that was a bloody good speaker....

Chris
Chris

Chris if you are the show come and have another listen? Mine are certainly not shouty? I borrowed a pair of Harbeth SHL5s from my local dealer over Christmas - a highly regarded speaker but not a patch o. The KEFS! indeed the Hifi world write up from last year specifically commented how much less shouty they are compared to many modern metal coned speakers..

Easch to their own I suppose!

advertisement

Back