advertisement

The Brilliance of Tiny Desk Concerts - any other recommendations?

Even if you don't normally like mexican music this performance is excellent !

Natalia Lafourcade

OK...not sure if bumping is allowed on this thread...but I've been listening to Public Service Broadcasting in the car recently and just found this...then realized it's already been posted on the thread several years ago...but what the hell...

I was surprised at how old it is....

Deep, meditative music and wisdom from Abdullah Ibrahim - just uploaded today.

One I watched a couple of days ago, Mon Laferte, who is a big star in Chile. It's beautifully filmed in a picturesque setting, with an interesting band and arrangement. Then Ms Laferte hits the first chorus...

A rather wonderful stripped-back (no-drums) performance from Yard Act. Interesting randomly placed pair of ProAcs in shot for no apparent reason, maybe Response 3s?

Do you like good music, that sweet soul music?

Thee Sinseers, Chicano soul from LA, filmed in a flower shop!

And on KEXP, Lady Wray. Just skip the annoying announcer.

American Primitive fingerstyle guitarist Daniel Bachman of Fredericksburg/Virginia performing in December 2012.

He plays "Honeysuckle Reel", which would then appear on his 2013 album "Jesus I'm a Sinner" a short time later, as well as "Seven Pines", the title track from his then-current album on Tompkins Square Records.

American Primitive fingerstyle guitarist Daniel Bachman of Fredericksburg/Virginia performing in December 2012.

He plays "Honeysuckle Reel", which would then appear on his 2013 album "Jesus I'm a Sinner" a short time later, as well as "Seven Pines", the title track from his then-current album on Tompkins Square Records.

This guy is good! Thanks.

Once again a little trip into the history of Tiny Desk:
Lyle Lovett with a wonderful performance from December 2012. He is accompanied by the pretty great violinist Luke Bulla.

They play "Cowboy Man" (from Lyle Lovett's 1986 debut album) as well as "If You Were to Wake Up" and "Good Intentions" (from the 1989 album "Lyle Lovett and His Large Band").

advertisement

Back