advertisement

The best audio system on earth?

I'd like to listen to that set up - with a variety of recordings. Some systems sound amazing on certain recordings and get massively found out when switching genres. Would be educational one way or the other, I'm sure.

Best audio system in the world? One that makes you WANT to play music.
Could be a Bluetooth speaker or a super posh hi-fi.
I agree -
- It's the same as endless discussion 'best headphones', 'best-watch', 'the best-possible camera/lens, for ...' - well, comparable answer: the one you have-with-you, at the time you want/need to use it ... when having any such thing thing that just makes you want to use it more, is the key.

Happiness lies in wanting what you have: not - having what you want.

Last edited:
I'd like to listen to that set up - with a variety of recordings. Some systems sound amazing on certain recordings and get massively found out when switching genres. Would be educational one way or the other, I'm sure.
I’m always amused at the music played at hi-fi shows.

I agree -
- It's the same as endless discussion 'best headphones', 'best-watch', 'the best-possible camera/lens, for ...' - well, comparable answer: the one you with-you, at the time you want/need to use it.

... when having any such thing that just makes you want to use it more, is the key.

Happiness lies in wanting what you have: not - having what you want.
Don't forget too, the one that fits in your room....

The majority of those hi-end systems with 8ft tall speakers and power amps on their own pallets just make me cringe, you'd need a mansion to fit them in. Those slim, tall Danish ones in the second room make me ask Why would you do that? Ugly, and poor use of space. The ATC's on the other hand are function over form which I'm much happier with.

Through my Grado headphones the purest music was from the three ladies singing live.at the end. The rest of the music sounded very thuddy perhaps some large orchestra classical music would be of interest to me. I guess it would empty the rooms.:(

Through my rose tinted memory , I went to a Linn ‘show’ in Park Lane, London around 35-40 years ago where they had different rooms with different levels of set up. I remember being marvelled at the synergy of a lower level LP12 and Linn Tukans. I’ve had a fondness for Tukans ever since that show ….

I think you will find this is the greatest hifi system on the planet, and John Atkinson agrees.... his "I saw god.... lottery win" system.

Bit spendy though, but probably similar to the Boyer system

x-treme_bauhaus_sommer-7bb17d7e.jpg
I’m inclined to agree, heard something similar, at a Hifi show, very realistic.

I think you will find this is the greatest hifi system on the planet, and John Atkinson agrees.... his "I saw god.... lottery win" system.

It’s a shame it has to look like that though.

I have no dispute with your analogy. My only dispute is that it is, for sure, the wrong analogy for others.

For me an audio cable's job is to transfer a signal from point A to point B without any audible degradation. That includes no enhancement "to our liking" either (to whomever "our" refers - it does not include me). For me a well-made cable is fungible - any other well-made cable can be used instead. IME this can be done quite well enough for not too much expenditure.

I get it that some people like to tune their audio system using every substitutable part. No dispute, but others are different. I prefer to get a sound that's to my taste by tuning a smaller sub-set of my system's components. That sub-set does not include cables. Do I really have to add YMMV?
Don't forget this analogy was for someone who cannot hear any difference in cables, and I needed to make it as simple as possible for obvious reasons.

The best system for me is the one I’m least uncomfortable with. The fewer questions it asks, the better. My core system of Yammy amp and LRS speakers doesn’t leave me with questions or uncertainties. It’s even handed with varying recordings and I always enjoy the music. The Systemdek I added is a great match. The A60 tuner the same. The Wiim Pro Plus is a little gem as well with an internal Dac that is just right. The Rotel CD11 Tribute is simple and very listenable. The only thing I’m not using is my headphones and headphone amp so may need to move these on. So the best system is the one that leaves the least questions I think.

Last edited:
Was that the one in the Sunak, Trump, Sultan of Brunei room?

It must be the best, it’s the most expensive ……right ?

It canna be the best….It does’n’t have a Supatrak in the system…?😎🤭

The best system for me is the one I’m least uncomfortable with. The fewer questions it asks, the better. My core system of Yammy amp and LRS speakers doesn’t leave Me with questions or uncertainties. It’s even handed with varying recordings and I always enjoy the music. The Systemdek I added is a great match. The A60 tuner the same. The Wiim Pro Plus is a little gem as well with an internal Dac that is just right. The Rotel CD11 Tribute is simple and very listenable. The only thing I’m not using is my headphone and and headphones so may need to move these on. So the best system is the one that leaves the least questions I think.
I look forward to your future posts when you‘ve bought more little miracles and changed your system again.

Last edited:

He should have set aside a bit more of his fortune to sort out the landscaping.

advertisement

Back