advertisement

The Best Audio Engineers

HK

The entire question is frankly stupid as there are too many judgemental factors, so I am not nominating anyone.

Having said that, Roy George is responsible for the design of products which have had more impact on the Hifi world that the combined talents of the two individuals that seem to be attracting the votes.

Regards

Mick
Roy is a superb engineer and a hell of a nice bloke.

Me neither but has Marshall Leach of Georgia Tech been mentioned for the "Low Tim" amp? I've got a pair of original LSR&D Superamps I would not part with.

Don't people get bored of trolling out the old ariston vs linn argument.

Much more recently rega took a much closer copy of ackroyds approach to speaker design.

Seeing just about everybodys name there ,how about
Marantz--Saul Marantz
Marantz--Sidney Smith
Marantz--Ken Ishiwata
and LFD------Dr. Richard Bews

Dare I suggest a German called Manger who designed an unusual speaker which provides a point source from 80 hz to 33k with a remarkably flat response and lack of resonance effects.

Dare I suggest a German called Manger who designed an unusual speaker which provides a point source from 80 hz to 33k with a remarkably flat response and lack of resonance effects.

Yeh it you want to ignore its high inherent distortion.

Who was that U.S fellow who actually invented FM, and had his invention stolen? And also then, unfortunately 'terminated himself' out of a high rise window.

ivor was certainly a pioneer and innovator, the idea that the front end comes first flew in the face of accepted theory and ivor had to fight very ingrained and established ideas.

that said compared to my first vote (les paul) and the likes of alan blumlein he does pale in to insignificance.

that said the true pioneers of audio did their work when there was much still to be discovered. These days it seems that most roads have already been well trodden.

Sorry David
That was purely sales and marketing. The man had no audio notion till someone walked into his dads place with an already finished turntable. Haymarket publishing and The Tribe of dealers did the rest.
Nothing! has come from that place that was not already in place. Even Griffin had an Isobarik patent around the same time as Linn.

Active was another non innovation.

Linn stuff is so unknown that Tannoy have had to take the distribution to North America.

In Japan it is smiled upon in the same way Scottish football is in England. So........no cigar :D

So it wasn't Ivor that suggested that 'speaker first' was a dubious theory?

So what do you think of my actual suggestions Lexi?

What about Tom Fletcher for his turntables ;)

Big Vote for LesW for his NCC200 amplifiers, puts a smile on my face each time I play some tunes ;)

And Piglets dad for his B4 Buffer and his MM/MC phono cards which he hasent actually invented yet but but I wish he hurry up:rolleyes::D:D

Alan

BTW
UK has some of the finest most innovative & level headed Engineers in the world, I for one salute them all, we should be very proud really.

Alan

advertisement

Back