advertisement

The Beatles vrs The Doors

I've been ripping my CD collection recently and I realised that (a) I own all of the Doors albums and (b) I can't remember the last time I wanted to listen to any of them. White guys playing the blues... plus terrible poetry. I think that goes for Cream too.

I played the first Doors record the other night, I quite enjoyed it. I like the end, even if it is a silly song.
It did mean I had Break on through stuck in my head for about four days, but that has since been replaced by Taxman after playing Revolver for some relief.

They are both great bands and if you prefer one to the other thats fine , but to say one is crap is bit like saying Beethoven is crap compared to Mozart, those that did, bow your heads in shame.
We should be ashamed to hold an opinion? :confused:

If you don't want to read the responses, perhaps best not to place the OP?
Linda's music was better than Jim Morrison's 'poetry', which even a fifth-former would be ashamed to have written.
Now that's what I call not music ��1. :D
White guys playing the blues...
Like Jo Ann Kelly? ;)

You should be ashamed* to hold ridiculous opinions. The Doors are better than the Beatles because Linda McCartney can't sing verges on the ridiculous ... Actually it is ridiculous.

* actually it's too strong a word ... but it is still ridiculous. Edit: at least as ridiculous as saying the Beatles are better than the Doors because Morrison's poetry sucks ... which it does.

QUOTE=Tim Groves;912238]No they weren't - what instruments do you play?[/QUOTE]

I believe that he's a dab hand with a comb and tracing paper.

You should be ashamed* to hold ridiculous opinions. The Doors are better than the Beatles because Linda McCartney can't sing verges on the ridiculous ... Actually it is ridiculous.
It is ridiculous to suggest I posted any such thing. I've been completely clear: I've tried listening to The Beatles, but I don't like their music.
I have made some observations about The Beatles: is that such a big deal?

When I was 17 and pissed up - hearing The Doors for the first time singing about Texas Radio And The Big Beat was ace. I prefer to remember them like that.

The Beatles - I have always been able to listen to in any state of mind and at any age.

It is ridiculous to suggest I posted any such thing. I've been completely clear: I've tried listening to The Beatles, but I don't like their music.
I have made some observations about The Beatles: is that such a big deal?

No problem with not liking them - it's not mandatory. I don't understand why you have to back up not liking them with ludicrous arguments which frankly don't hold water though and it's not me that keeps banging on about how awful Linda McCartney's singing was. If it's not part of your argument - then shut up about Linda McCartney.

Is it such a big deal? I dunno - you keep coming back to it, you tell me. What's the plan Batman? - are you trying to persuade all of us poor deluded souls that the Beatles were in fact terrible - the early sixties equivalent of boyzone, churning out, by the numbers hits for morons?

If you prefer the Doors that's fine. My Mum prefers the Carpenters, what can I say?

No problem with not liking them - it's not mandatory. I don't understand why you have to back up not liking them with ludicrous arguments which frankly don't hold water though and it's not me that keeps banging on about how awful Linda McCartney's singing was. If it's not part of your argument - then shut up about Linda McCartney.

Is it such a big deal? I dunno - you keep coming back to it, you tell me. What's the plan Batman? - are you trying to persuade all of us poor deluded souls that the Beatles were in fact terrible - the early sixties equivalent of boyzone, churning out, by the numbers hits for morons?

If you prefer the Doors that's fine. My Mum prefers the Carpenters, what can I say?
Is all this a result of emotional insecurity?

Anyone looking for a really nice Doors compilation on vinyl should try to find a copy of "Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine", it's got a real nice mix of their music, nicely mastered.

f43312bbxam.jpg

Is all this a result of emotional insecurity?
What, my Mum liking the Carpenters? No, I think it's a result of her being tone deaf.
How unlike you to misrepresent my posts! :D

advertisement

Back