advertisement

The amazing Alexandria

2h2psKt.png

@tuga

this may get a lot better soon.

cenk uygur is now running for congress (the seat katie hill has given up). he, along with kyle kulinski (presenting below), is co-founder of "justice democrats", who are responsible for recruiting AOC to run.

Could someone please have her watch this from start to finish and then Tweet her plan for safeguarding and protecting teh peeps?

The lecturer is a mathematics professor and Green Party general secretary, btw. Thanks in advance!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Amazon's new New York City offices: I told you so
The company had cancelled plans for a headquarters in Queens 10 months ago, after backlash from residents and politicians

The move comes 10 months after the company cancelled plans for a headquarters in Queens after extensive backlash from residents and politicians, including Ocasio-Cortez. They had objected to the nearly $3bn in financial incentives the city and state had offered Amazon for the construction of the headquarters.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/dec/06/amazon-new-york-city-offices-lease

chaps, this is going to be AOC II, but we have a bit of a fight with the entire establishment first...

i actually cancelled my NYT subscription quite a long time ago. same with the guardian when they began smearing non-centrist leftists.

chaps, this is going to be AOC II, but we have a bit of a fight with the entire establishment first...

i actually cancelled my NYT subscription quite a long time ago. same with the guardian when they began smearing non-centrist leftists.

Don't get me started on the NYT ... ugh

please, go ahead... rants are welcome.

well at least the NYT are fairly predictably 'corporate' etc - whereas the guardian has the occasional redemptive article which makes it a bit pernicious that way ... to my mind ...

I think these days one can just assume that a GOP member of Congress is a racist and misogynist, and rarely be incorrect.

I think these days one can just assume that a GOP member of Congress is a racist and misogynist, and rarely be incorrect.

i would add that, in this case, there is also a very troubling level of stupidity, crassness and aggression which takes it far beyond the average. i'm also 100% certain there's a big does of economic ideology at play here, not just race and sex. that's why she's dangerous.

vuk, didn't you post recently that everyone is racist? Why do you think that - implicit bias?

it is isn't merely that i think this -- we have piles of research showing it. it's a fundamental aspect of human cognition and affect. we make ingroup-outgroup categorizations all the time. inexorably tied to that is discrimination which favours the ingroup.

p.s. you can do a search on "minimal group experiments".

advertisement

Back