advertisement

The amazing Alexandria

The differencing is innate, the negative connotations applied to those groupings are a learnt behaviour.

it is isn't merely that i think this -- we have piles of research showing it. it's a fundamental aspect of human cognition and affect. we make ingroup-outgroup categorizations all the time. inexorably tied to that is discrimination which favours the ingroup.

p.s. you can do a search on "minimal group experiments".

Thanks.

Implicit bias is not the same thing as racism (the two are related though) and the IAT is not reliable. We get into murky waters (APA approved term) when claiming that everyone is racist.

what do you mean by "implicit bias"?

The suspicion that, should I venture to eat at McDonald's, I would not enjoy the food, the company, or the ambience.

(And here was me thinking this thread was going to be about the city in Egypt (as opposed to the river in Egypt)).

I am generally a fan. Bronx needed strong progressive representation for a long time. And Democrats needed younger leaders for a long time.

Given that she is constantly vilified on Fox and a portion of their viewers are batshit crazy, I really hope she has good security.

I remember being shocked (doesn't describe my feelings well) over murder of Jo Cox, before the Brexit vote. Same when Gabrielle Giffords was shot in Tucson.

I hope her husband - the austranaut - wins in November.

Ocasio-Cortez calls for end to federal funding for military recruitment in schools
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...o-cortez-calls-for-end-to-federal-funding-for

some of the comments are hilarious;

"No need to mock her. Listen to her and other Democrat voices. They are serious in what they speak. Defund the police. Defund the military. Abort all babies. Open borders. Free stuff for all illegal aliens. Reparations. Cancel all white males. Side with China and Iran. Outlaw Christianity and Judaism but protect Islam. Shut down freedom of speech. Legalize rioting and vandalism towards people and entities that don't comply with their ideology. Codify racism by making blacks the superior race. Continue regulating small business out of existence. Tear down this country, it symbols and its history. This just a sample of what the Democrats platform is being built on. Listen to them as these are the people who want control of this country."

AOC is back:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ends truce by warning ‘incompetent’ Democratic party
New York representative denies Movement for Black Lives and Green New Deal cost seats

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has criticised the Democratic party for incompetence in a no-holds-barred, post-election interview with the New York Times, warning that if the Biden administration does not put progressives in top positions, the party would lose big in the 2022 midterm elections.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...truce-by-warning-incompetent-democratic-party

Why isn't she POTUS. Full stop. Not a question.
Because in this sh1tty world she is too good for that sh1tty job.

Why isn't she POTUS. Full stop. Not a question.
Because in this sh1tty world she is too good for that sh1tty job.

She is too smart to do it; like any truly smart person. Why the hell would anyone want to get into politics?

advertisement

Back