advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

I’m not judging, as such. I was just expecting something meatier.

I agree with the predatory point though. What was coming next? Who else?

We come from different times, but I ask myself, would I send messages like this? or would you? I'd say a firm no to both of those, and why wouldn't we? because we know its simply wrong, ethically and morally, and I believe CH does as well, hence his 'skating' on his suggestions.

I suspect there may be more coming, not wanting a witch hunt as much as I dislike the guy, but I feel it's important to eradicate this type of behaviour and examples do need to be set. How would a boss in an office sending messages like this to his staff be treated by HR? . Maybe it doesn't warrant a dismissal, but a public reprimand and acknowledgement at the very least.

PS I obviously have no way (or even interest) to know if what is shared in this link is what it claims to be. It would be exceptionally easy to fake this stuff. Again I am allowing this outlink to stand as it is clearly part of the discussion about this season regardless whether it turns out to be true or false. IMHO it should be viewed with considerable scepticism. I’d not assume it was real/untampered.

The counter to that is that if it was faked, then RB or at least CH would surely deny it publically, and neither have to this date. It's not like they don't have huge legal and risk management teams for stuff like this. It's been long enough in public domain now to be 'managed'. If nothing comes this week claiming they are not real, I would say that we have an answer to their validity as I feel it's unlikely they will state that they are real.

The counter to that is that if it was faked, then RB or at least CH would surely deny it publically, and neither have to this date. It's not like they don't have huge legal and risk management teams for stuff like this. It's been long enough in public domain now to be 'managed'. If nothing comes this week claiming they are not real, I would say that we have an answer to their validity as I feel it's unlikely they will state that they are real.
Absence of denial or comment is not an admission of validity.

The counter to that is that if it was faked, then RB or at least CH would surely deny it publically, and neither have to this date.

To be honest I have no interest in it so I’ve not researched it. I’m a nerd, my interest in F1 is the tech; I‘d far prefer it if the TV just showed the design, modelling, testing and manufacturing processes and didn’t even bother to turn up to the races! As such this CH story couldn’t be of less interest to me. I had a very quick scan of the folder, but didn’t read anything in sufficient detail to even understand what was going on. My only interest in this story is as owner of pfm, and I don’t think hosting the link presents me with any trouble. I’d have found it way more interesting if it was a leak of test data, or even the underlying politics and funding of F1. Stuff like this reads like something on the cover of one of those idiot mags (Ok, Hello or whatever) one sees at the supermarket checkout. I couldn’t be less interested.

Absence of denial or comment is not an admission of validity.

Like those 'no comment' Police interviews we see on the telly, yes they always strike me as being honest and transparent.

I am pretty sure if I said you were a sexual predator and provided some 'possible' evidence to support it, you would deny it quite quickly if it were not true.

One for us all to ponder..

To be honest I have no interest in it so I’ve not researched it. I’m a nerd, my interest in F1 is the tech; I‘d far prefer it if the TV just showed the design, modelling, testing and manufacturing processes and didn’t even bother to turn up to the races! As such this CH story couldn’t be of less interest to me. I had a very quick scan of the folder, but didn’t read anything in sufficient detail to even understand what was going on. My only interest in this story is as owner of pfm, and I don’t think hosting the link presents me with any trouble. I’d have found it way more interesting if it was a leak of test data, or even the underlying politics and funding of F1. Stuff like this reads like something on the cover of one of those idiot mags (Ok, Hello or whatever) one sees at the supermarket checkout. I couldn’t be less interested.

I understand your PFM point, but I'm not sure suspected sexual predatory behaviour only belongs on 'idiot mags', it's just the vessel of the predatory method that seems Tabloid esque with life much revolving around Whatsapp and other social media outlets even in big business these days.

For me, I think these things are equally as important as everything else, we have seen too much 'turning of a blind eye' over the past decades to things like this and lots of people suffered in the process.

Have we not? We certainly have unless you dont feel he has done anything wrong in the text messages.

Id post them here but Tony gets scared about stuff like that, however you can find them quite easily online.

If one think ls his behaviour is appropriate thats their moral standing explained I guess.
Little miss prissy speaks.

It’s just bloody filthy, isn’t it.
Every fan should just walk away, now.

“A whistleblower has told the FIA that Ben Sulayem allegedly intervened to overturn a penalty given to Aston Martin's Fernando Alonso at the 2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.”

1023.jpg

Ferrari stolen from F1 driver Gerhard Berger recovered 28 years later​

Met police seize vehicle, stolen in Italy in 1995 and worth £350,000, in London as it was about to be sold to a US buyer

I am pretty sure if I said you were a sexual predator and provided some 'possible' evidence to support it, you would deny it quite quickly if it were not true.

One for us all to ponder..
Just try it. People like you tend not to believe denials.

If good evidence of wrongdoing exists, I suggest it should be given to the Police.

At the other end of the grid, the tech director and head of aero have resigned at Alpine

And today it is announced that they will have an engineering TD, an aero TD and a performance TD. Incidentally I recruited Ciaron Pilbeam in 1999 to British American Racing. A very clever guy who understands race cars and racing to a very high level after many years in charge of the race engineers at Alpine.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/39652175/senior-alpine-staff-resign-poor-start-new-f1-season#

The three new technical directors are Joe Burnell for engineering, David Wheater for aerodynamics and Ciaron Pilbeam for performance.

All three will report to team principal Bruno Famin, who took over from the departed Otmar Szafnauer as interim boss last August and now has the permanent position.

“… I shall have to reconsider whether Grand Prix racing is still what it purports to be… F1 will end in a quagmire of… petty rule interpretation forced by lobbies manipulated by people for whom the word sport has no meaning.”

C Chapman.

All looks quite lame to me.
It looks totally inappropriate. Mayyybee this would have been OK in the 1980s or 90s - but for someone in CH's position it shows an incredible lack of judgement. He's in his 50s and should know better than to let his loins do the thinking.

It looks totally inappropriate. Mayyybee this would have been OK in the 1980s or 90s - but for someone in CH's position it shows an incredible lack of judgement. He's in his 50s and should know better than to let his loins do the thinking.
Undoubtedly, and I’m not excusing him. But, after all the media hoo-haa, I was expecting something that would at least raise an eyebrow.

Could this be the season in which Red Bull wins every single race? It's never been done before. They won all but one race last season, duplicating a feat by McLaren in 1988. Perhaps everyone except RB enthusiasts should hibernate until this time next year...
I'd like to see a team do that, just the once at least. Just so I can say I saw it happen. Otherwise I can't think of anything more boring. Over 20 second lead at the finish is massive in this sport. If the other teams/drivers really are that far behind (even if the track was perfect for RB and terrible for all the rest it's hard to see how any track could swing the advantage back by 20 seconds or more), the VET will walk it this year.

I suggest viewing them so you are more informed and also the information that comes with them such as data tagging which those that can, have done.

Do you expect there to be a statement saying 'Yes they are mine, I sleazed over a young girl under my leadership'? Don't be daft lad, that approach didn't work out too well for Bill Clinton. But, I would expect there to be a statement stating 'they aren't mine', if they weren't though..

As I said earlier, to me they aren't the worst (so no bias slewing anything as if there was bias I'd be shouting about a public flogging) but thats wholly not for me to decide , that's for the person on the receiving end of it and how they made her feel, then the moral standing of those that make the decision of whether to cut him loose or reprimand him is shown. Imagine the pressure she felt with someone in his position being suggestive like he was and video calling her when she asked for him not to?

I have little concern for the wife beater, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the vultures will always circle when there is a weakness or a crack.
Because things posted on the internet are incontrovertable proof and could never ever in a million years be falsified. Nope never.

Because things posted on the internet are incontrovertable proof and could never ever in a million years be falsified. Nope never.

Then surely just say 'No nuffin to do with me, they aren't even my messages'...?

There isn't anyone in their right mind that would just roll with a load of messages being published claiming to be from them showing them in an extremely derogatory manner, if they were not.

advertisement

Back