advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

Could this be the season in which Red Bull wins every single race? It's never been done before. They won all but one race last season, duplicating a feat by McLaren in 1988. Perhaps everyone except RB enthusiasts should hibernate until this time next year...

Porsche is well and truly back, with the long-dominant Toyotas unusually far down. And a Cadillac in fourth!

It's taken the Captain longer than usual but you feel it was only a matter of time.......:)
(If they start wielding the BOP later on, where does that leave the customer teams?)

Theres going to be some rule tweaks for next season and bigger changes for 26 iirc..

The 2025 car regulations rules are basically the same as those for 2024. 2026 is the next big change with the introduction of different engines and likely the introduction of movable aerodynamic devices amongst other things... now who do you think will be the best at designing the most useful and cohesive movable aero solution? Hmmm.... I suspect Max is going to break a lot of records and fair play to him as it's not just the car, but the dream team of him and Newey are probably unbeatable for the foreseeable future.

Did anyone record the F1 on a Sky Q box today?

My F1 and many of the other sports channels that are shown live seem not to be able to be recorded at the time they are shown live, but can be recorded if shown later, as a replay.

When you look at the TV schedule for coming events if it has a "Live S." in front of the event name you cannot record it, says it has but I will not play.

Is this another Sky issue?

B O R I N G

I finally figured out why Perez is so far behind. As Max goes away in the distance and out of the picture, Peres car is seen on the telly fighting among the mere mortals. Sponsors want exposure.

My F1 and many of the other sports channels that are shown live seem not to be able to be recorded at the time they are shown live, but can be recorded if shown later, as a replay.

When you look at the TV schedule for coming events if it has a "Live S." in front of the event name you cannot record it, says it has but I will not play.

Mine recoded just fine. But my Sky box is not a Q.

Yes I recoded on a SkyQ but watched it live and then deleted without even looking at it. I can still retrieve it and check

Edit, yup, I undeleted and it is all recorded fine

Jos seems determined to lever Christian Horner out of Red Bull, giving interviews to the press which pour petrol on the flames. It's bizarre that the best team on track seems to be tearing itself apart behind the scenes. Something will have to give sooner or later - one side or the other, Thai or Austrian disposing of their stake?

Jos seems determined to lever Christian Horner out of Red Bull, giving interviews to the press which pour petrol on the flames. It's bizarre that the best team on track seems to be tearing itself apart behind the scenes. Something will have to give sooner or later - one side or the other, Thai or Austrian disposing of their stake?
Perhaps I am missing something but what is Jos' job in the team? If he has no official role then he is just a troublemaker who I would ban from the pitlane.

Perhaps I am missing something but what is Jos' job in the team? If he has no official role then he is just a troublemaker who I would ban from the pitlane.
Maybe Johannes wants Horner's job. . .

Father and Son glory boys.

John

Last edited:
Maybe Johannes wants on Horner's job. . .

Father and Son glory boys.

John
So he has no official role? I am sure Max is delighted that his dad is trying to disrupt the team that has given him 3 world titles and is almost certain to deliver a fourth...

So wither Carlos Sainz? have Ferrari definitely said that its Leclerc staying alongside Hamilton next year? Sainz often seems to me to be the reliable driver compared to Leclerc.

There was a comment in yesterday's C4 highlights that Sainz will be expecting a place at Sauber/Williams/Haas... eh wtf? He's far too good for the back markers - Mercedes, Red Bull should be trying to get him.

@Cav: 'So he has no official role? I am sure Max is delighted that his dad is trying to disrupt the team that has given him 3 world titles and is almost certain to deliver a fourth...'

I have a guitar effects pedal called a Superego+. The term can't compete with JV's ego, no matter how many pluses are suffixed.

John

He was often referred to as "Joss the Toss" when he was racing. Not much seems to have changed.

He certainly seems to be stirring the pot.

I could get used to this Saturday race thing, it's nice to still be able to have a lazy Sunday morning on a race weekend.

advertisement

Back