advertisement

The 2023 Formula One Season

C’mon, what’s not to like?
IMG-2693.jpg

Well done, Las Vegas GP…
More glitz, glamour and plastic fun than any other show on earth, but first practice cancelled after nine minutes and second practice delayed due to a loose drain cover Ocon’s Alpine needs a new chassis.

Completely devoid of 'taste' (I am well aware wealth does not buy it)

A fast Forward button is going to be needed for the entire weekend there.
Thankfully, next year, it will be highlights only for me, not paying Sky / amazon or anyone for a spectacle like that.

So who pays for the damage to the Ferrari and Alpine? This is not a racing incident. Do the teams get reimbursed by F1 who in turn recover the costs from the promoters?

Worth watching Fred Vasseur on the team principal press conference. He is clearly pissed and wants nothing of the interviewers attempts get him to talk positively. Love Toto at the end telling the interviewer to give it up.

The events unfolding in Las Vegas are going to leave a sour taste :oops:

Maybe. TBH, the drain issue will be forgotten quickly if the race delivers. Even Fred Vasseur will change his tune if a Ferrari wins. This is not the only track where issues have damaged cars and probably won't be the last. It was only practice and it is a new track.

My issue is the showbiz nature of the event but that has been well covered.

Another complete shambles by F1 and in the worst possible place too. Track not fit for purpose, Sainz has a 10 place grid penalty because parts were replaced on his car due to the track falling to bits and when FP2 finally gets going the fans who have paid to be there are told they cannot watch it. FFS!!!!!! :mad:

Another complete shambles by F1 and in the worst possible place too. Track not fit for purpose, Sainz has a 10 place grid penalty because parts were replaced on his car due to the track falling to bits and when FP2 finally gets going the fans who have paid to be there are told they cannot watch it. FFS!!!!!! :mad:

Was just going to post this as well. This was the FIA issuing the penalty, in fact they refused Ferrari's request to have the penalty annulled due to mitigating circumstances

The stewards noted in their decision that if they had the authority to not issue the penalty, they would not have issued it. Their hands were tied.

Edit:

advertisement

Back