advertisement

The 2023 Formula One Season

That was awesome, I said without VER there would be great racing. Masterful use of the DRS zone by SAI and good tyre management as well although it is much easier in the lead.

I cannot tell you how happy I am not to suffer the uber smugness of Horner if they had won every race this year. In the last 20 laps I did not care who won the race out of the top 5, fab stuff. The tyre offset worked really well for VER in the end as well and he made good use of it. A good recovery and the RB looked a much better race car than in qualifying but we did know that already.

I think HAM had the better Merc pace in the end and I would love to have seen him had a crack at the overtake

Another very enjoyable race. Miffed that OCO lost drive when he’d been having a great race. Loved the informal inter-team collaboration at the end to secure the first two places - clever.

I think HAM had the better Merc pace in the end and I would love to have seen him had a crack at the overtake
I think Hamilton bedded his tyres in a bit more gently than George, from memory of the gaps. So I think he could have had enough to make it much closer.

I don't understand why Red Bull were so slow. It's either incredible incompetence or external factors. I guess next weekend will confirm. I would expect credible incompetence to bring them back into the front of the field...

Perhaps a rerun of 1988 coming up, when McLaren won all but one race, which was won by Ferrari. Ironically, the McLarens were also Honda-powered.

advertisement

Back