advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Whenever I read a quote from Max my reaction is always "You're off your chump, mate". It's like he lives on an alternate reality.

Blimey. Not boring. Good that no one actually got hurt. I don’t understand all the wheeling and dealing over grid position or why it wasn’t done through the stewards. Max just braking in front of Lewis like a bloody Audi driver cutting up a bicycle was just bizarre. Really odd stuff.

And here we have another one.
Slates everything about something that he wouldn’t spend any money watching.

Cav: time is more precious than money. Don’t bother wasting your life criticising something you don’t like anyway. You’re boring.
I have just finished watching the "highlights" on free to air TV ( I would not pay Sky or anyone else for the pathetic spectacle it is) but I have to say that it would make an hilarious panto now we are in the Christmas season.

Boring? Well who wastes (spends) more time here than you with your Proustian anecdotes of races of yawn - yore. I have had an interest in all forms of motorsport for more years than some here have been alive.

My heart rate is just about coming down after that. VER Marko and Horner plumbing new depths, HAM proving why he has been the best for a decade or more and the FIA making the rules up as they go, extraordinary. But by far the funniest is listening to folks defending VER, contorting the circumstances into every more twisted tangles to prove what a bad man HAM really is.

VER is, as I have said on several occasions one of the most talented drivers we have ever seen. But seriously dude, calm it down before you kill someone, he has taken the Senna and MSC "give way or crash" style of driving to a new level. He should watch HAM, RAI or ALO in wheel to wheel battles and take some tips, they know how to fight hard and fair.

One thing is for sure now - after today’s performance it’s clear for everyone to see that Max is a dirty driver. Very fast but dirty.
Not dirty, just not as smart as some drivers cognisant of the prevailing rules.

I have just finished watching the "highlights" on free to air TV ( I would not pay Sky or anyone else for the pathetic spectacle it is) but I have to say that it would make an hilarious panto now we are in the Christmas season.

Boring? Well who wastes (spends) more time here than you with your Proustian anecdotes of races of yawn - yore. I have had an interest in all forms of motorsport for more years than some here have been alive.
Hi Cav! :)

Lewis hit Max, no doubt about it. He should have been paying attention. He should have been penalised.

But fear not! Saint Sir Lewis...Hamilton of Monaco will not be allowed to lose the next race as he was not allowed to lose this time.

I have no time for Corporate robots. Max has more passion in his little finger than Saint Sir Lewis in his entire body.

Does that satisfy your need for my input?

If you equate passion with dangerous and reckless driving then you are quite correct. Sure Max has raw talent, but unless he is reined in by the stewards with meaningful penalties his actions one day may result in someone being seriously hurt or worse. He drives like he is playing online Gran Turismo sometimes.

I have had an interest in all forms of motorsport for more years than some here have been alive.

Once a person becomes old and bitter, they probably wont ever be able to change, they have become stuck in their own mindset of disappointment of how life turned out for them. However, contributions to this thread have been more than enough to seal their fate, like Max's driving.

Moving on from the self confessed troll who has no interest in the very thing he is taking time to write about..

Im cutting and pasting this comment from another forum, which I felt was a good read.

"that was a very ugly race, and IMO there's no winners from it; Max - well I posted before the weekend about how 2 on-track bits of dubious conduct this season could tarnish him in the long term. Perhaps he read it and thought it was meant as a positive, because after last night's display, there's no way back for him I fear.

Unfortunately, Max's support network continue to reassure him that he's doing a great job, doing nothing wrong on track and that it's just 'good, hard racing'. The only crumb of comfort is knowing that once Hamilton retires, he wont necessarily be handing the baton to Max, because there's enough talent in decent cars to mean championships might be won by fair means and not foul (Russell, Le Clerc and Norris).

Max is incapable of conceding a place when he's already lost a corner, and other drivers simply don't know what he's going to do when they're looking to pass him in a braking zone. At the same time, the FIA set a precedent in Brazil by not cutting out that sort of crap immediately, meaning it's the new standard of driving.

The whole Hamilton running into the back of him, what a mess - Max playing chicken coming up to the DRS line deserved a penalty, especially after seeing what happens with the closing speeds involved when rear ending another car (first in the F2 race, and then with Mazepin getting a face full of Williams gearbox).

At the same time, Hamilton briefly saw the red mist himself, running Vertstappen off the circuit at turn 27, which seemed unnecessary and a bit too obvious, but he'd have been seething in the car for witnessing more lunatic antics that seem to go unpunished.

My biggest concern when watching it, followed the words of the race director, a man who's clearly trying to keep it together, but is out of his depth... "I can only push as many buttons as I can". Masi means well, but he's clearly not the right individual for that role. F1's in a somewhat precarious position, Liberty Media are lapping up all the drama for the 'show' they're hosting, but the actual sport and the sporting code are suffering as a result as they seem reluctant to step in, take Max to one side and read him the riot act.

Between now and Friday, someone like Ross Brawn needs to sit down with Max, without his chaperones, and give him a reality check as to what is and what isn't acceptable on track, because currently Red Bull and Max live in a fantasy land where that sort of behaviour is perfectly acceptable and if you're penalised, it's unfair.

At this point it's probably too much to hope for a clean finale to the season - I really wanted it to be a fair, honest, on track duel but I don't think Max is currently capable of that, contrast with Hamilton who isn't perfect but simply doesn't drive in a way that's likely to cause an incident."

Lewis hit Max, no doubt about it. He should have been paying attention. He should have been penalised.

But fear not! Saint Sir Lewis...Hamilton of Monaco will not be allowed to lose the next race as he was not allowed to lose this time.

I have no time for Corporate robots. Max has more passion in his little finger than Saint Sir Lewis in his entire body.

Does that satisfy your need for my input?

I love that. Pure bile and the bias that you accuse so many of. Oh and you confuse "passion" for impulsive recklessness, if Max finds a way to modify that, he's made. Lewis has managed that over the years which is why he's the best.

Max was bang out of order yesterday and not just in that particular incident.

This thread has been so funny today. Thank you.

And

"Masi later told Meadows that Hamilton pushing Verstappen wide was "borderline" for a black and white warning flag. Meadows said he would relay the message."

But I suppose that most people missed that.

And

"Masi later told Meadows that Hamilton pushing Verstappen wide was "borderline" for a black and white warning flag. Meadows said he would relay the message."

Is that a straw in your hand?

It's starting to seem like if you are a Max supporter, the blind faith in his poor sporting performance and that being strangely acceptable to them is very much akin to the sentiments and intelligence of the average Trump supporter, or a middle aged housewife Tory voter who just wants to look after and mother Boris despite his many many buffling failings.

It's all very interesting!

And

Well, “borderline” for what is only a warning flag means it’s arguable whether the warning should be given. Perhaps even thinking about giving Verstappen some of his own medicine isn’t allowed?

advertisement

Back