advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

“Ego” Rosberg is a complete tool, was stoking the fire as Lewis was leaving the pits then backtracked furiously later in the coverage

looks like Horner has had a roasting from high above also the way even he shrugged it off as “gamesmanship”

Nico beat Lewis to a championship so he is persona non grata with the fanbois....what a surprise.

It also seems to have been forgotten that Lewis was penalised not Max...

almost certainly, but I think Max and RBR were punished enough in the race

the stewards would be compelled to place a penalty to avoid a repetition in future races, so with Max and RBR already licking there wounds only Lewis could be penalised

just while were on the subject, I am a Lewis fan [fanboy] and have been for years, I was warming to the fact he was potentially going to be beaten this season by Max who is a fantastic racer, but the reactions from Silverstone has re-ignited my passion for Lewis to win an 8th title now, and I am sure I am not alone in this.

Others who know the rules might know, but if an offence is sufficiently serious, cannot a penalty be imposed for the next race?

If they are unable to apply a penalty in the current race due to non finish yes they can but HAM was adjudged to be more at fault so got the penalty. If VER had continued he would not have been penalised

Sadly a marshal was killed at Brands Hatch today. It looks like a car veered off the track on the start/finish straight and went into a marshals’ post. Serves as a reminder of how bloody dangerous all this is, with F1 having lost a few marshals over the years.

Very sad to hear this.

I understood that a lot has been done to make what the marshals do safer, but as the people closest to the track, in order to help the drivers, they are likely to be at greatest risk, other than the drivers.

The driver was ok in this incident. It looked like a saloon car meeting, so heavy lumps of metal at maybe 120mph don’t stop easily once out of control.

I have looked at marshals’ posts over the last twenty years and thought that at most circuits they were relying heavily on luck. Let’s hope some good comes out of this.

Sadly a marshal was killed at Brands Hatch today. It looks like a car veered off the track on the start/finish straight and went into a marshals’ post. Serves as a reminder of how bloody dangerous all this is, with F1 having lost a few marshals over the years.

I was reading posts about this elsewhere, a timely reminder of the dangers of motorsport. Thankfully much safer than ever before but RIP to the (volunteer) marshal.

That is very sad news, and as others have said hopefully something can be learned/changed. It just should not happen.

That is very sad news, and as others have said hopefully something can be learned/changed. It just should not happen.
Exactly.

Marshals do a dangerous job and should be better protected.

Hopefully this will result in a full investigation with the mandate to improve safety for marshals at all tracks.

This is a video of yesterday’s incident at Brands. Nothing gruesome shown.

Thanks for posting this. It shows how dangerous motorsports can be.

It all looked fine and then suddenly it wasn't.

A friend of mine (POgle who posts here very occasionally) who is a marshal said that there was a second marshal on the post, and he is in intensive care in hospital.

Jeepers. Intensive care :(

Slowly but surely I’m falling out of love with most motorsport. Strangely, one of the safest branches I’ve watched over the years has been the fastest: drag racing. They do have their moments, but thankfully not when I’ve been in attendance.

advertisement

Back