advertisement

The 2015 F1 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more general note i hope that next season turns out to be a bit more evenly matched on the car performance front.

Not to take anything away from Mercedes but their cars were probably a good 20hp faster than the rest of the field. It was a shock if mercedes lost a race in 2014

Would be great to see a good, close F1 season again!

On a more general note i hope that next season turns out to be a bit more evenly matched on the car performance front.

Not to take anything away from Mercedes but their cars were probably a good 20hp faster than the rest of the field. It was a shock if mercedes lost a race in 2014

Would be great to see a good, close F1 season again!

Not looking good for you on that front..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117094?

Williams and Force India had the same powerplant as Mercedes and hence had the same power available.

Mercedes F1 had a more efficient cooling system and so were able to have less drag for the same downforce or more downforce for the same drag, but the power was the same.

Williams and Force India had the same powerplant as Mercedes and hence had the same power available.

Mercedes F1 had a more efficient cooling system and so were able to have less drag for the same downforce or more downforce for the same drag, but the power was the same.

Is that likely to mean that the other MB powered teams might be quite a lot closer next year? Williams seems to have improved through 2014.

CH says that it is likely next years Renault engines will still not be as powerful as the 2014 MB engine.

Is there any power difference between MB, and MB customer engines? McLaren particularly didn't appear to have a power advantage. ( obviously off to Honda too)

Is that likely to mean that the other MB powered teams might be quite a lot closer next year? Williams seems to have improved through 2014.

CH says that it is likely next years Renault engines will still not be as powerful as the 2014 MB engine.

I expect Mercedes to be just as far ahead as the middle of the 2014 season.

That is CH playing politics like he always does.

He didn't argue that it was unfair when Vettel had exhaust blowing working very effectively on his car as he dominated in the second half of 2014, despite the fact that the rules had been changed to outlaw the exhaust energising the diffuser. Clearly the rule changes weren't worded well enough but the rule makers did not want teams developing such solutions in 2014.

Is there any power difference between MB, and MB customer engines? McLaren particularly didn't appear to have a power advantage. ( obviously off to Honda too)

No.

I forgot to add McLaren as an MB user as they performed so badly and are off to use Honda engines from 2015 onwards.

Excellent news, it would be a real shame to see him retire at this point. I just hope he has a rather better season next year.

Splendid news. It will be very interesting to see just how the Englishman fares against Alonso.

It will be fascinating to see just how right or wrong Flavio was all those years ago. Did Button mature and "blossom" enough?

Splendid news. It will be very interesting to see just how the Englishman fares against Alonso.

It will be fascinating to see just how right or wrong Flavio was all those years ago. Did Button mature and "blossom" enough?

I think it is the most exciting pairing out there. There is no question that Button can be as fast if not faster than anyone out there if all is going well and he likes the car. However Alonso is just relentless and can always get the best out of any car in any condition.

Button responded well to being Hamilton's teammate, was not much slower and had a better points record over the 3 years they were together. I really hope Alonso will bring even more out of Jenson.

Prediction, reliability notwithstanding, Alonso overall will be the quicker but will get a few surprises from Button.

Happy Days Are Here Again ;)

d07hun1027.jpg

Excellent news, it would be a real shame to see him retire at this point. I just hope he has a rather better season next year.

I actually thought Button had a good season, it was the car which let him down.

I am pleased McLaren finally saw some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back