advertisement

The £30,000 speakers that took five years to construct

Both speakers have a crossover frequency of 380 Hz to the ATC midrange or the Naim BMR driver.
It would be easy and very interesting to compare both with a pair of ATC P-4 mono power amps with integrated active crossover.

matthias

A crossover of 380 doesn't mean they have the same transfer function.

naim.jpg

Big bruisers!!.........BUT FUGLY.

Hi Dave, getting a painful thumb's very easy - just drop a lawnmower grass box on it. Don't thank me for the tip...

Good luck on buying a pair of DBLs, you certainly won't regret it. I waited nearly two years to find a pair in maple -
dblinstal6-1.jpg
. (I don't listen with the foams off by the way)
Great pictures, I prefer them (aestheticly) over the S-800
Regards

My god those are hideous... sorry. Such a lovely room too. They'd have to sound very good indeed to justify the ugliness... IMHO of course.

My god those are hideous... sorry. Such a lovely room too. They'd have to sound very good indeed to justify the ugliness... IMHO of course.
Sorry too,
If theres any ugliness in DBL's, that's refer only to thier big size, I find them have a unique architectural design, that's my opinion.
I know, they looks big, I mean - very big:)
Arik

Admittedly, I have no taste so find DBLs one of the most attractive speakers ever made though I do have a preference for grills in place.

Yes! Congratulations Interzone!

Tickets for seventeen to Brazil - all expenses paid - are coming your way!

Power amps mostly.

Excellent guess Warren but we were looking for peanut butter sandwich, green beans, power conditioner or the former planet known as Pluto.

Do enter our next contest as you're a worthy competitor indeed!

I'm pretty certain Naim speaker cabinets are made in the UK. Last time I went on a factory visit, just as the first Ovators came out, I think we were told this.

Naim's older speaker designs, e.g. SBLs, DBLs etc. have realtively complicated cabinets & the NBL was discontinued because Naim struggled to have the cabinets made.

I went to the August 2009 BBQ with factory visit. The Ovators were just emerging. I am convinced they told us the Ovator cabinets were made in China.

Cheers

Don

advertisement

Back