advertisement

The £30,000 speakers that took five years to construct

How much money are we talking about here for the system? It looks like crazy money so no doubt "if you need to ask"..... etc applies here.
I don't now how much money, but... crazy money indeed, that's for sure.

From what I see so far the price of this system is already (MUCH) more than the mortgage on my house!

So do Naim speakers no longer go close to walls? That was one of the best things about them I thought and allowed me to get a very good sound in a tricky room.

These look like every other big expensive speaker to me but I'm guessing being Naims sound totally different due to their sonic agenda. Kinda curious.

"So do Naim speakers no longer go close to walls? That was one of the best things about them I thought and allowed me to get a very good sound in a tricky room."
These arent for people with small living rooms , think banquetting hall :)

T

Can anybody explain please how can I start a new subject(thread),..I want to ask a question concerning Naim XS intg. Amp...can I use it to biamp speakers, by connecting another Naim power amp to the subwoofer output of the XS amp ?
That means , is the Sub output controlled by the volume of the XS amp ?

Thanx everybody.

Can anybody explain please how can I start a new subject(thread),..I want to ask a question concerning Naim XS intg. Amp...can I use it to biamp speakers, by connecting another Naim power amp to the subwoofer output of the XS amp ?
That means , is the Sub output controlled by the volume of the XS amp ?

Thanx everybody.
Off subject by a newbie , is this not against the rules , ignorance is no defence , ban him ..NOW , before the influx of the chavs class overtake this quaint English forum

Amazing, if it is those Naim's makes you wonder if they will ever come into the 21st Century.

Take a look at the Linn 350's with all the amps inside the speakers, makes you wonder at Naim and their design team.

http://gadgets.softpedia.com/gadgetsImage/The-Linn-Artikulat-350-and-350A-Loudspeakers-1-14410.html

As I mentionec many times in other thread, Naim design and philosophy are really outdated. They createc huge multibox solution when the whole world is going for system integration. And when they come out with integrated solution, it is in an ugly box. They forgot people who go for system integration are also going for lifestyle item too.

Interesting...I always thought Naim only used ATC woofers on the DBL.

Were Peerless used early on or with late production models?
Hi Dave, mine are a late pair. You've got me doubting now! No, I'm not going to pull one out for a look...

Not the cabinets (mine are Castle), QUOTE]

Interesting, Castle is part of the IAG Group, a Chinese owned consortium of hifi companies, which all used to be British owned. It makes you wonder where the parts/cabinets etc they do for other manufacturers are actually made/constructed, UK? or could it be China.

Does anyone know who makes the speaker cabinets for Naim now?

I'm pretty certain Naim speaker cabinets are made in the UK. Last time I went on a factory visit, just as the first Ovators came out, I think we were told this.

Naim's older speaker designs, e.g. SBLs, DBLs etc. have realtively complicated cabinets & the NBL was discontinued because Naim struggled to have the cabinets made.

IAG/Castle has nothing to do with the old Castle brand who used to be based up here in sunny Yorkshire. IAG/Castle don't make parts for hi-end brands, certainly not Naim or anyone else of the same ilk.

Naim haven't bought parts from the original Castle for a long long time.

My cabinets were certainly made by Castle, the last DBLs they produced. When the original firm went kaput Naim had to have them made by someone else (I don't know who).

The very nice forum member who I bought my DBLs from can confirm!

"So do Naim speakers no longer go close to walls? That was one of the best things about them I thought and allowed me to get a very good sound in a tricky room."
These arent for people with small living rooms , think banquetting hall :)

T

Nice idea but at Max 250Watts into an 89dB sensitivity the people at the back won't be able to hear much.

£30k will get you these. Bigger, better.

1325379596872283368.jpg

Bub, that's pure Sinal Tap with veneers. Last time I saw that amount of cone surface area I was 14, my ears were ringing and John Lord was trying not to push his Hammond over onto the floor.

advertisement

Back