advertisement

The £30,000 speakers that took five years to construct

Is it me or do those bass drivers look VERY similar to the 10" PMC Carbon Nomex pistons in the EB and above series?

Butuz

£30k will get you these. Bigger, better.

1325379596872283368.jpg

Uglier than the DBL 'wardrobe'? My how tastes differ;)
Well, I do agree with you partly Vino, except for the fact that the DBL 'wardrobes' could be placed against the wall.
That way they didn't draw too much attention to their self, where as the S800 Fridge has to stand in the middle of the room. (it seems)

In your opinion.

Is there another opinion that matters, to me? Are you saying Naim have suddenly discovered how to make good speakers which are reasonable vfm? I don't believe they have. ATC, OTOH, have a well-established track record.

[DBLs were OK, but way OTT pricewise. They used ATC components.]

Is there another opinion that matters, to me? Are you saying Naim have suddenly discovered how to make good speakers...

[DBLs were OK, but way OTT pricewise. They used ATC components.]
I think so. So what parts of DBLs are ATC? Not the cabinets (mine are Castle), not the drive units either. The spikes?

DBL woofers were sourced from ATC Tony. That's it as far as I know.

Btw, DBLs are my all time favorite speaker.

regards,

dave

I see theres space between the speakers for a real band , but having bought that lot , you can no longer afford the band ;)

I think so. So what parts of DBLs are ATC? Not the cabinets (mine are Castle), not the drive units either.

Er, the bass drivers. AKA "drive units". Sadly, Naim didn't bother with the ATC midrange driver - probably too expensive for them!

Anyway, I don't believe that the Naim leopard has changed its spots.

advertisement

Back