advertisement

Technics 50th Anni SL-1200 Mk7

Thank-you. I think that means if I get what you suggest it is pretty much on the money. if there isn't a lot in it I wonder if I could use the Cadenza- probably has a year or two in it.

I guess I'm in a place where my hi-fi wants are rather diminished. I've used a Sonus one Alexa for the last year but miss the physicality of vinyl. So now I'm in my smaller house I need to set it all up again once decorated and see (hear) Plan to go from there, sell some kit and get smaller and simpler.

Thank-you. I think that means if I get what you suggest it is pretty much on the money. if there isn't a lot in it I wonder if I could use the Cadenza- probably has a year or two in it.

I guess I'm in a place where my hi-fi wants are rather diminished. I've used a Sonus one Alexa for the last year but miss the physicality of vinyl. So now I'm in my smaller house I need to set it all up again once decorated and see (hear) Plan to go from there, sell some kit and get smaller and simpler.
Yes it would do what you want, not essential to buy a different headshell, I have a lot of carts so it made sense to put it in a heavier one. I have a Cadenza Bronze and much prefer it to the 103, if you don't want to buy extra headshells after you sell the WTA I'd run the Blue out then put the 103 on, those should play a lot of LP sides between them.

This is the 103 on my GR

Reactions: MVV
Yellow, obviously. All the other colours are not yellow enough.

PS Has anyone found any official confirmation of the limited edition number for these?

Yellow, obviously. All the other colours are not yellow enough.

PS Has anyone found any official confirmation of the limited edition number for these?
According to this, 12,000 worldwide, which I suppose makes sense.

I was very tempted by the yellow as well, in the absence of a yellow ferrari, but have absolutely no need for it (or a ferrari for that matter)

According to this, 12,000 worldwide, which I suppose makes sense.

That’s the only source I’ve seen with a number on it. I couldn’t see anything on the Technics site. I’m not sure I believe it as I’d have expected them all to have long sold out by now as it is only 1714 per colour (7 colours), which really is not a lot at all worldwide. I’ll be very interested to see what number mine is.

I’ll be very happy indeed if that is the case as it should be a good investment and my main reason for buying was to flip it in a couple years and hopefully make a couple of £100. I have no actual use for it and other than I guess an initial inspection I’ll just keep it boxed up. If it isn’t limited in any real sense that idea obviously turns to crap!

I think I’ve picked the right colour though. I don’t know if it is subliminal Hacienda vibes, but as soon as I saw it I thought a lot of folk would want the yellow one!

That’s the only source I’ve seen with a number on it. I couldn’t see anything on the Technics site. I’m not sure I believe it as I’d have expected them all to have long sold out by now as it is only 1714 per colour (7 colours), which really is not a lot at all worldwide. I’ll be very interested to see what number mine is.

I’ll be very happy indeed if that is the case as it should be a good investment and my main reason for buying was to flip it in a couple years and hopefully make a couple of £100. I have no actual use for it and other than I guess an initial inspection I’ll just keep it boxed up. If it isn’t limited in any real sense that idea obviously turns to crap!

I think I’ve picked the right colour though. I don’t know if it is subliminal Hacienda vibes, but as soon as I saw it I thought a lot of folk would want the yellow one!
Oh good, I should be getting mine soon then too. If you do open it I'd be interested in what you think of the colour. Of the three photos I've seen two I didn't like and one I did. The one I liked was the first in this thread which was quite a dark yellow.

I really can’t decide whether to open it! I’m worried about QC issues so I’m tempted to just make sure it has no marks, dings or whatever and powers up, but my main goal at this point is to preserve value, and that might be better just leaving it sealed. I really don’t know. I’m certainly not going to actually use it (I’ve already established I prefer my TD-124 to the top-end SL1200G).

What's the warranty on it and is it transferable? I would think keeping it sealed is probably best bet from an investment point of view, but how can you resist taking a peek :) I know I'd struggle, it's like knowing there's haribos in the cupboard and trying to ignore them calling you. If it's got a v long warranty then I suppose keeping it sealed is the way.

I ended up cancelling the Yellow, and have gone with the colour I actually like from Richer’s.

Blue.

After seeing them for real I would prefer Black or White editions.
Didn't like the Red, Green or Blue.
More in doubt about Yellow.
Dealer seem to have nothing left from their first batch, its unsure if they receive more.
Maybe just save $ and buy the ordinary Black MK7 ?

I really can’t decide whether to open it! I’m worried about QC issues so I’m tempted to just make sure it has no marks, dings or whatever and powers up, but my main goal at this point is to preserve value, and that might be better just leaving it sealed. I really don’t know. I’m certainly not going to actually use it (I’ve already established I prefer my TD-124 to the top-end SL1200G).

I’ll be opening mine to check it out for QC. Happy to take pics in various lighting for other’s gratification, but won’t help you as I jumped to Blue!

Are they making 12000 in each colour or 12000 split between all colours?

I was under the impression 12000 in total, i.e. 1714 of each colour. I’d have thought 12000 of each colour would be a tough sell, that is a vast amount of turntables in what is not a huge market (I suspect most club DJs actually use digital now). By saying that I can’t find any official number at all on Technics.com

Seen the 12,000 total number of units worldwide mentioned a couple times
https://thevinylfactory.com/news/technics-new-turntable-the-sl-1200m7l/

I have no idea in how many countries, Technics have distributors ?

Lets guess 75 countries ww
Thats 160 units per country.
Thats average 22-23 turntables in each color per country.
Sound quite limited.

How many dealers do those distributors have ?
Some dealer won't get as much as 7 decks me think.

Above just a wild guess

advertisement

Back