advertisement

Technics 50th Anni SL-1200 Mk7

Hmmm........ And the significance of the M7L (vs G or GS) is?

The color?

(looks more like a direct SL1500 competitor).

A red one would be quite natty, if you can ignore the classic black...

However, 900 sqiddlies for a deck that retailed for 500 back in its hey-day and was often discounted to 300 is a bit steep. I'd expect more "excuses" for the price tag. Then again, at only 12000 units I'm sure they'll shift them without any problems.

Next year, animal limited edition, lion, jaguar, zebra, crocodile, tree frog, lady bird... only 24000 units for 999 a pop. :rolleyes:

The new Tech looks great
Still have my SL1210 brought in 1993 for £250.
Absolutely bomb proof build.The only thing which has been replaced is the light.Got an AT 95ML on it and it's very good.Pitch stability is first class.
I am sure Technics will easily sell out with this edition.
A turntable legend.

Yes, rather liking the new 1200s. I’d like to see some better photos. Yellow or red are the ones IMO. Depending on price and availability I might even be tempted to buy one as an investment/spare TT.

Anyone spotted any preorders yet? Nothing I can’t see anything on Richer, Juno, Amazon, Thomann etc yet. I suspect these may go pretty fast…

Anyone spotted any preorders yet? Nothing I can’t see anything on Richer, Juno, Amazon, Thomann etc yet. I suspect these may go pretty fast…
Supposed to be opening up today but not sure if that's GMT or somewhere else - likely show up tomorrow/tonight

A red one would be quite natty, if you can ignore the classic black...

However, 900 sqiddlies for a deck that retailed for 500 back in its hey-day and was often discounted to 300 is a bit steep.

Er, presumably you're not aware that things have changed under the bonnet since the days of the SL-1200Mk2. You know, little things like the motor, the arm, the PSU, the plinth etc. etc.

But, yes, I'll take a red one, too!

Available here. Would be tempted by the yellow too if could afford one right now.
https://www.djkit.com/technics/sl1200-m7l-yellow.html

I’ve just taken a punt on a yellow one! I can’t imagine it will be anything but an investment long-term, so why not? I don’t know much about DJKit, but they seem to have a lot of decent customer feedback. Hopefully they aren’t over-selling an allocation.

PS I’ll now maybe try a little harder to move-on the arm less SL-120 MkI that’s my current ‘backup’ deck.

Nice looking but I agree with @cj66 that this has taken quite a price hike over the years for what appears to be limited 'upgrading' or improvements

Thankfully I still have a MkII myself from the late 80s that was part of my DJing days....

They do look good and they are bomb-proof. I wouldn't mind hearing a fully modded one.... (outboard power supply, improved arm etc)

advertisement

Back