advertisement

Technics 50th Anni SL-1200 Mk7

That looks good Tony thanks for posting. Checked and mine also yellow will be with me in July

Are the serials divided, based per color or accumulated up to 12000 ?

Given the extra zero (mine is #00445) my guess is it is a consecutive full issue number, i.e. up to 12000. If it was per-colour they’d only need four digits as there should be 1714 of each (plus a rounding error!).

Personally I hope they make many more than they say and the “investment” value crashes. Buying hifi to leave unused is just an example of false values inherent to the speculation economy we live in. Crypto’s a prime example, burning the world for a Ponzi scheme

I’ve always been a record dealer so it is my business model. I’ve made a lot of money on audio, guitars, synths etc too. I’ve even got a substantial pile of sealed Lego sets as an investment! I’ve always lived well within my means and would argue those living their lives stretched to the furthest reaches of credit are the ones to blame for the state of the economy. Not me. My actual savings ISAs etc have been having a grim time of late so I’ll hedge any way I can!

The reason I have a lot of physical stuff knocking around is standard savings are really not secure or well performing at present. Things like my Tannoys, Quads, Leaks, SME arms etc are all worth many multiples of what I paid for them and are continuing to increase in value. My record collection is worth more than my house. Why the hell would I cash that sort of thing in and stick it in the bank or an ISA for less than inflation? I’ve never had the job security for a company pension, never been anywhere long enough to get one, so my retirement strategy relies entirely on what I can squirrel away myself! I bet you have a great private pension and a house worth many multiples of mine. I don’t so I have to play clever!

Given the extra zero (mine is #00445) my guess is it is a consecutive full issue number, i.e. up to 12000. If it was per-colour they’d only need four digits as there should be 1714 of each (plus a rounding error!).

Or Yellow 00001-01714, Red 01715-03428…

(plus rounding error).

Either way there’ll be 2 colours with 1 more deck - or as I postulated earlier, the spread may depend on demand.

Demand is higher.
My dealer couldn't source what's preordered.
Guess it same issue in many other outlets.
Limited edition has a certain attraction.

I’ve always been a record dealer so it is my business model. I’ve made a lot of money on audio, guitars, synths etc too. I’ve even got a substantial pile of sealed Lego sets as an investment! I’ve always lived well within my means and would argue those living their lives stretched to the furthest reaches of credit are the ones to blame for the state of the economy. Not me. My actual savings ISAs etc have been having a grim time of late so I’ll hedge any way I can!

The reason I have a lot of physical stuff knocking around is standard savings are really not secure or well performing at present. Things like my Tannoys, Quads, Leaks, SME arms etc are all worth many multiples of what I paid for them and are continuing to increase in value. My record collection is worth more than my house. Why the hell would I cash that sort of thing in and stick it in the bank or an ISA for less than inflation? I’ve never had the job security for a company pension, never been anywhere long enough to get one, so my retirement strategy relies entirely on what I can squirrel away myself! I bet you have a great private pension and a house worth many multiples of mine. I don’t so I have to play clever!

Don't be silly Tony, you'd be better off selling it all and putting it into a building society savings account like a good little boy whilst earning your 0.1% interest.

Or Yellow 00001-01714, Red 01715-03428…

(plus rounding error).

That would certainly make sense as I guess they’d only want to spray each colour once, so they’ll be coming off the line in a defined order. By saying that all clearly exist in promo form as they were at the launch event etc months ago.

Either way there’ll be 2 colours with 1 more deck - or as I postulated earlier, the spread may depend on demand.

Any numbered limited edition tends to be a bit variable, e.g. it wouldn’t surprise me if there weren’t a few unnumbered promo examples etc. I doubt the ones at the launch event, given away to DJs etc count on the actual total. I’ve got a couple of promo copies of numbered limited records where the number field hasn’t been filled in, just _/500 or whatever! I’d not be surprised if the first promo batch of these slipped out uncounted or with a different number format.

they’d only want to spray each colour once

Color seem to be the new trend for a higher sales rate and profit.

Naim recent adventure into Tin, guess more variations in the future plan, I asked that simple Q on their forum, was pulled immediately, best sign for somethings going on.

I'm more and more set on getting all 7 colours of the mk7, need to sell my car.

Rega have led the way here and made brightly coloured turntable plinths a thing for decades now. The Planar 3 always looked great in green, yellow, white etc. Lots of limited issues for record shops, RSD etc too.

That is certainly right
You can get some of them in white and red too, they look stunning.
No idea why they ditched green as this seem to be the most wanted.
No idea if colours possible on higher edition.
Orange and blue wasn't to my taste, I've had the union edition, got tired of looking at another county's flag.

My red one landed this morning (from DJKit) S.N. 03198. It's very red!

Cool, needs a pic! Stick a decent white point in the frame, e.g. a piece of paper, the manual etc. The red has looked fairly dark in most pictures, I’ll be interested to see what it is actually like.

advertisement

Back