advertisement

Technics 1210 GR2 any reviews yet ?

How do you choose?
default is the Techy - hinged lid, instant spin up - ease of use

if I have a free weekend I’ll spend the week stacking up a load of LPs (forum mentions/shazaam), might even be 1 band end to end, cue 3 LPs up and go left to right. The Lux stage has 3 inputs and it is simple to change settings, so dead easy to flip between the decks

Is it only me that struggles to take seriously a review which compares the sound of GR and GR2 based on a memory of the former and not a direct real-time comparison?
Nope, skimmed the review and filed under ignore the conclusions. Hopefully someone will do a proper head to head using same cart/stage and qualify how big an improvement the drive/motor improvements give, the arm is exactly the same so I wouldn't expect that much of a change to the sound signature.

I find it difficult to envisage a huge gap between the GR and GR2 based on owning both a GR and G for nigh on 3 years - the gap between them was way smaller that the £ would lead you to expect. Reckon Technics are not gonna shoot themselves in the foot and make the GR2 better than a G.

Is it only me that struggles to take seriously a review which compares the sound of GR and GR2 based on a memory of the former and not a direct real-time comparison?
Yeh exactly. I struggle to remember what I did last week let alone what music I listened to and how it sounded.

I own a mk2 and a gr and the difference isnt massive. I very much doubt anyone would be able to tell difference between a gr and gr2 with the same cart.

Yeh exactly. I struggle to remember what I did last week let alone what music I listened to and how it sounded.
Last week I finally got my 401 sorted. With the same cart, I did a lot of AB against my GR and, yes, I think I like the 401 a bit better. But I could live with either and the SQ of the GR is something extraordinary. If I were blindfolded and heard just one of these decks, I would probably not be able to tell you which I was listening to.

Saturday I attended a demo of the new GR2 ... I was so impressed that, after 10 years, I'm now tempted to leave the LP12 boat.
Don't do it. They've just brought out another power supply or summat which is only £1.4k or so which apparently improves the LP12.

I mean, with the GR you get upgraded power supply for £1.8k. That they throw in the rest of the deck for free is neither here nor there.

(Irony off).

Don't do it. They've just brought out another power supply or summat which is only £1.4k or something which apparently improves the LP12.

I mean, with the GR you get upgraded power supply for £1.8k. That they throw in the rest of the deck for free is neither here nor there.

(Irony off).
It's a laugh, imagine how rubbish it must have been before the hundreds of massive improvements. I understand the original was a plastic cup with a pin in it.

Don't do it. They've just brought out another power supply or summat which is only £1.4k or so which apparently improves the LP12.

(Irony off).
Radikal 2 is 2,200 € (GR2 is 2,000 €) 😅

advertisement

Back