advertisement

Technics 1210 GR2 any reviews yet ?

Simon s

pfm Member
As the title says, have any of you taken the plunge and either bought Technics GR2 or heard the deck
in another system ?
In particular it would be great to know how it sounds against the G or the existing GR ?

Thanks all

There's a YouTube video somewhere in the YouTube vault that talks about the upgrades & improvements to the GR2. May be of help.

Hi Per, i am aware of what the upgrades Technics say they have added to this deck, its peoples direct experience on how the deck sounds
which i am more interested in. thanks

Probably too soon, I was in a dealer (Edinburgh) yesterday and they are struggling to keep stock on the shelves for demo, it arrives and gets sold on quickly, they are saying 3 months to get the top Technics model to replace the demo one they recently sold.

You could speak to RicherSounds, they have a 30 day return policy and full refund if the goods come back “as new”.

The GR2 has exactly the same arm as the GR afaik, that’s the weak spot with the GR and what drives sales to the G imo, certainly did for me.

Cheers Amber, thats useful to know. maybe it is early, but for the same reason i just thought there may be some early adopters really to sing its virtues or point out its no better than the GR ?? You decide...

But it will only be a matter of time before the G model gets the same Mk2 upgrade as the GR.
Think someone mentioned the Olympics as a release date for the G2, some event using DJ Decks. Not heard anything about the 1000r/10r getting breathed on.

Cheers Amber, thats useful to know. maybe it is early, but for the same reason i just thought there may be some early adopters really to sing its virtues or point out its no better than the GR ?? You decide...
The deck is better the arm is the same, a GR2+SME IV might be a winner vs the G for similar money :)

a GR2+SME IV might be a winner
It might be a winner, if I was shopping into that tonearm price range I'd look wider - not that I have a very good knowledge of high end arm current available, maybe for another thread.
Oh and SME IV will be second hand only, as I understand they are no longer available without buying SME turntable too.

Not so many low cost arm's about these days.
NEW: Project The EVO Tonearm Range
24 different tonearms - all hand made in Europe!
blob

blob

Also looking forward to GR2, probably early next year. As usual the question is to save a bit and go for Planar 6 or not..

Also looking forward to GR2, probably early next year

If you order now , you might get one early next year

"Could be more dynamic and rhythmically precise"

Coming from What HiFi that's not a critisism. I've come to the conclusion that they prize upfront and leading edge driven presentation over actual accuracy.
They also praise Rega in the review. I couldn’t really make out whether they liked it or not.

advertisement

Back