Advertisement



  1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

    a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

    b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Tannoys always full of surprises...

Discussion in 'classic' started by cooky1257, May 25, 2018.

  1. Cesare

    Cesare pfm Member

    Those look great - the mansfield ends up around 100l internally? I'd be interested to know what the tuning is for these, and what the port size/length works out as? They are give or take the same size as the cabinets i ended up building and the proportions although they felt very large when I first built them compared to modern speakers seem to work well domestically (ha ha, that's what i'm trying to tell myself).
     
    cooky1257 likes this.
  2. cooky1257

    cooky1257 pfm Member

    Yes thereabouts. The Berkeleys are 95L, 2 Ports 7cm dia x 12 cm deep. tuning is 61 hz with 2 open 32 hz with just one.
     
  3. cooky1257

    cooky1257 pfm Member

    Found this;

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    wd40addict likes this.
  4. say it as it is

    say it as it is pfm Member

    Amazing work never fail to be amazed at the skills and talent displayed.
    I wish I had the confidence and ability to do the same
     
    cooky1257 likes this.
  5. Zombie

    Zombie pfm Member

    The Tannoy bark is visible
     
  6. cooky1257

    cooky1257 pfm Member

    Yes it's waxed teak.
     
  7. cooky1257

    cooky1257 pfm Member

    Since the Berkeleys are now finished and soon to be available in the classifieds I've finally got around to a long overdue job.
    After seeing way too many cock-eyed or glue smudged DC dustcaps I've long preferred to DIY install them.
    That said, it is the most butt clenching job you can do as it is so easy to smudge glue on the cone(;-)), really ruining the appearance of the drivers in these grill free times.
    It's a job I've been putting off on my Balmorals for about 18 months....
    Of particular difficulty/PITA are the mesh caps from the K series, they spring about as you handle/fit them, distorting their shape and once they have glue on them its a one shot placement. If you look at the pics I pretty much mask off most of the cone leaving only a very tight circle clear to accept a previously aligned dustcap dropping in with a handle made of tape..
    My mouth actually went dry doing this today ;-) Once in place it's important to carefully remove the masking, the roll of low tack tape is the perfect size and weight to press the cap into place and thankfully end up spot on.
    Final touch with these K's is fit the trim ring of foam and job is done ready to reinstall into my Balmorals.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    effinity, calorgas, tonerei and 3 others like this.
  8. a.palfreyman

    a.palfreyman pfm Member

    That paint on that chair's looking a bit tatty....:eek:;)
     
    tonerei and cooky1257 like this.
  9. cooky1257

    cooky1257 pfm Member

    Thanks for all the interest, Berkeleys have already been snapped up.
     
    effinity and lordsummit like this.

Share This Page





Advertisement


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice