advertisement

Tannoys always full of surprises...

Are HPD woofer recone kits still available anywhere? I have a pair of 315s that I had fitted with new voice coils by an outfit here in the US last year, and while they sound wonderful, I often wonder about trying to source some spares just in case.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Excellent, thanks for the info! One other question, and this is a bit of an oddball: do you happen to know the thread for the studs that hold the spider in place? Long story but the nuts on mine are missing.

I have started thinking about sticking the new cones in my HPD315s. Was considering leaving the dust caps off and so ordered them from Lockwood back in 2020 with the dustcaps not attached... Having a look today I remembered this glue mess on the leadouts :eek: I guess I will be using the duscaps after all! Thanks for all the tips in this thread Frank, and yes cant beat the look of the fresh purple cones and knowing your suspension will be back in spec.

20230525_122436 by Jonathan Chiles, on Flickr

Installing new cones into the Cheviots I'm sorting for a Wammer and I came across a rather perplexing issue of reduced inward cone travel on one cone-it felt like it was bottoming far too early in its travel, after many head scratches including measuring the gap depth/former length and checking the 'normal' travel of my Devons I came across this;

52938493648_13981f1d42_c.jpg

Brand new cones, thankfully an easy fix...

advertisement

Back