advertisement

Tannoy GRF

John,

At current exchange rates I paid $2,850 US for Monitor Red GRFs that were delivered to the door with a try-it-for-a-few-weeks-no-obligation-nothing-down-I'll-pick-'em-up-if-you-don't-want-them-but-if-you-do-I'm-OK-with-your-paying-for-them-as-you-can-comfortably-afford option.

Seemed like a good deal.

Joe

John,

I imagine that $3,400 US is an excellent price for DMT215s. Are you tempted?

Joe

big is goooood. I particularly like the pic someone took of a 15" driver sitting face up on top of a modern narrow tower speaker. No substitute for cubic inches in motorsport (ok there's a balance to be had), guess not in hifi either.

big is goooood. I particularly like the pic someone took of a 15" driver sitting face up on top of a modern narrow tower speaker. No substitute for cubic inches in motorsport (ok there's a balance to be had), guess not in hifi either.

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Diy_Loudspeaker_Projects.htm

this one?

SP38_MG.jpg

Damm I thought it was an upward firing isobarik clone - got me going for a minute. I have decided to sell my briks now I have gone to valves and this slim design was just what I needed.

My good natured (albeit Danish wife) thought it looked like good design from the trolls grave site ....

Mine aren't exactly small, but the 215's though are pushing it.

pict2714rrm9.jpg

Shot at 2008-10-07

Heard a pair DMT System 12`s during the week, I liked them a lot. I reckon the 15" must be a mighty nice pair of speakers.

I found a review of the GRF rectangulars -- or what were called the Windsor GRF enclosures in the U.S. -- published in 1968 by High Fidelity, a once prominent but now long-defunct audio mag.

ri89ht.jpg

Posted for Tannerds.

Joe

Steve,

Have you attempted to build any of the big 'uns -- GRF professional, GRF corner horn, Autograph and Autograph Pro?

As I understand it, these enclosures have complex horn-loading and are somewhat to shitload bigger, but they're supposed to be a significant step up from the GRF rectangular.

Joe

Cooky,

Feel free to let the Yahoo group know... or invite them to join pfm if they need to nerd it up elsewhere.

Joe

advertisement

Back