advertisement

Tannoy GRF

Ah Neil,
I'm listening now too and even better than yours it sounds too!:D:D
John and I are getting to the bottom of an interesting (to a few) change to the DMT line.

John,
John that isn't the total xover complement just the individual part order no's.That 1.3uf in the MK2 is x 3off to give 3.9uF total on the HF leg. The Mk 1 has a corresponding single 3.9uF cap-so the HF would appear only slightly different between units..... Also the quoted efficiency is 2dB higher than the hornloaded Westminster-this is clearly not correct-I reckon the 101/w figure is for a pair.
Cooky

Gremlins, gremlins I meant to write 1.3uFx3 vs 1.5uFx3 on the hf(not a single 3.9uF).

I wonder how as stacked pair would sound? Could your ceiling accomodate?

That's a pretty high starting bid, we'll see if he gets any bids, other than your own of course. Maybe you can snipe it.

John,

GRFs wouldn't fit in the room if stacked vertically. The ceiling height in the basement is ~78 inches and each speaker is 42 inches tall, so I'd need at least 84 inches if they were placed one on top of the other.

I'm not sure what I'd do with a second pair anyway and, more to the point, I have a more pressing concern to deal with first; namely, finding a suitable amp to drive them.

Joe

John,

GRFs wouldn't fit in the room if stacked vertically. The ceiling height in the basement is ~78 inches and each speaker is 42 inches tall, so I'd need at least 84 inches if they were placed one on top of the other.

I'm not sure what I'd do with a second pair anyway and, more to the point, I have a more pressing concern to deal with first; namely, finding a suitable amp to drive them.

Joe

Stacked on their sides would be better with the bottom tweeter disconnected-mmm nice increase in horn mouth size....:)

Tiger -- Not yet. I require some of that stuff that's apparently in short supply worldwide, unless you're a failing/failed bank or major North American automobile manufacturer.

'S'OK, though, as the little Anthem integrated is certainly good enough until I've saved the dough for something better.

Cooky,

Are you serious (not that I'm aching for another pair)?

Joe

Tiger -- Not yet. I require some of that stuff that's apparently in short supply worldwide, unless you're a failing/failed bank or major North American automobile manufacturer.

'S'OK, though, as the little Anthem integrated is certainly good enough until I've saved the dough for something better.

Cooky,

Are you serious (not that I'm aching for another pair)?

Joe

You can see/hear the effect on the bass if you stack your pair......

This guy must have been smoking crack to think he would get anywhere near what he was asking.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back