advertisement

Tannoy FSM

strummer

pfm Member
Just collected a pair of MONSTER Tannoy FSM. Big thanks to Darren (DWALKLATE) for the use of his Land Rover & muscles!

Even though I had the measurements, they’re bigger than I thought they were. :D

Here they are with my old JMLabs next to them.

i198073485_18388_4.jpg

Looking forward to the pics. They should fill the room OK! ;-)

found two homeless people living in the bass port when we moved em - BIG speakers and rather fetching IMHO

Have you had the crossover out for a looksee yet Ian?

Darren

found two homeless people living in the bass port when we moved em - BIG speakers and rather fetching IMHO

Have you had the crossover out for a looksee yet Ian?

Darren

Ah well, thankfully it was more simple than that. When we unscrewed the binding posts to release Roger's spades, they weren't tightened again. That left the bridges loose. All working now. Oh, they got BASS :D

i197977025_35501_4.jpg

There you go. Proper loudspeakers. Congratulations.

:D Oh yes!

I owe you a big thank you, along with (in no particular order) Effinity, Dwalklate, TonyL, Andy831, Sideshowbob, MarkS..... Lots of you have advised me on the large cone issue. Oh, my missus would like a word with you lot :p Actually, she seems to like them :eek: I’m quite embarrassed & am off to B&Q tomorrow to buy assorted pot-plants in an attempt to blend them in. The fookin Amazon might just do it ;)

Pics when I’ve dealt with aesthetics.

Well you impatient Bastard you did beat me too it LOL.

Congratulations mate Proper Proper BIG tannoys, Hope they sound as good
as they look

Well you impatient Bastard you did beat me too it LOL.

Congratulations mate Proper Proper BIG tannoys, Hope they sound as good
as they look

Why do I get the feeling I've been had? Did you really buy those GRFs? I bet you've got little Bose boxes up...an WON'T be in the spare room tonight :D

They look serious. Good stuff.

-- Ian

Thank you Sir!

Just having a quiet late-night listen & I'm hearing backing vocals & stuff I've never heard. The sound is still BIG at low volume & hasn't gone all thin & weedy as it usually does.

They don't look too big with the lights off;)

Where have you sited them Ian, in the chimney alcoves or at the sides of the patio doors firing down the room?

Well done Ian! (not to mention Darren who is probably in need of a lie down)

I'm looking forward to hearing them, did you keep the slate hats on?

As I might be able to do a bit of tap dancing on top there :D

Steve

top stuff!

you'll have to write up a big report.

Peter Stringfellow looks a little dissapointed to have sold them on.

F'ing serious monitors. I guess these are about 20-25 years old?

Some of the stats I got from this site:-

Weight - 90Kg (how's your (and others who assisted) back?)
Max Power handling 700W
Sensitivity 97db
Minimum impedence 3.5 Ohms.

these were advertised for £1800 shortly before NYE at hififorsale, right?

strummer, what you gonna drive them with? a small leben int would be probably enough for them and would work wonders for reasonable sum, i would really love to hear that

Up there now.

Can't seem to get them to automatically display? You have to click each link.

Hi strummer/Ian,

I've taken the liberty to edit your opening post and make the pictures visible without clicking.

If you want to insert a picture, use the picture button which looks like a little postcard of a mountain view, at the left of the row of icons over the message box (go to edit > advanced to check out what I mean).

advertisement

Back