advertisement

System pics 2024

Can't remember if I've posted mine before? -

NHwe7mb.jpeg

We need more info! What is going on here? So unusual. Love it!
What are the speakers, white boxes, etc?

They started life as a 2-way, but with a crossover around 1000hz, the tweeters were being asked to do far too much, so I decided to turn them into a 3-way.

I liked the wood finish on them, but couldn't think of a way of keeping it with all the extra work I had to do to convert them, so unfortunately I had to paint them. Picture here -

Rbm4VDF.jpg

The woofer is an Eminence Delta 10a. I wanted good efficiency with tight bass from a ported box, so I chose a woofer with a light cone and a huge magnet. The soft dome mid is a Ciare HM500, and the tweeter is a Vifa NE25VTS-04.

EDIT: The wood finish was an offcut of our kitchen lino that I just wrapped around the cabinet.

They started life as a 2-way, but with a crossover around 1000hz, the tweeters were being asked to do far too much, so I decided to turn them into a 3-way.

I liked the wood finish on them, but couldn't think of a way of keeping it with all the extra work I had to do to convert them, so unfortunately I had to paint them. Picture here -

Rbm4VDF.jpg

The woofer is an Eminence Delta 10a. I wanted good efficiency with tight bass from a ported box, so I chose a woofer with a light cone and a huge magnet. The soft dome mid is a Ciare HM500, and the tweeter is a Vifa NE25VTS-04.

EDIT: The wood finish was an offcut of our kitchen lino that I just wrapped around the cabinet.
The new finish is great. They really do seem to look like a pair of ‘droids with personality. I mean that in the most positive way possible. I have a pair of lovely wood veneered boxes, but they do not have the personality you have endowed these with. Most fun thing I’ve seen for ages.

advertisement

Back