advertisement

System pics 2024

nrsEKJT.jpeg

Enjoyable evening with the Almarro A318B tonight

A few changes over the last few months;

20240629-142644.jpg

The IO has been replaced by a Nait 50, moved the P3 off the unit to the right back onto the rack. Found I wasn't using it as much for some reason, having it back on the rack also allows me to take advantage of the excellent phono stage in the Nait.

Also bought a Shanling EH3 DAC/Headphone Amp to match the ET3 Transport.

Finally, the Spendors have been replaced by LS3/5A clones assembled by myself using Rogers cabinets in gorgeous Amazaque veneer with Falcon drive units & silver crossovers

20240629-142812.jpg

All sounding lovely.

TS

A few changes over the last few months;

20240629-142644.jpg

The IO has been replaced by a Nait 50, moved the P3 off the unit to the right back onto the rack. Found I wasn't using it as much for some reason, having it back on the rack also allows me to take advantage of the excellent phono stage in the Nait.

Also bought a Shanling EH3 DAC/Headphone Amp to match the ET3 Transport.

Finally, the Spendors have been replaced by LS3/5A clones assembled by myself using Rogers cabinets in gorgeous Amazaque veneer with Falcon drive units & silver crossovers

20240629-142812.jpg

All sounding lovely.

TS
Yum, yum TS.

Headphone only system in a new location - the wife stopped tolerating it in the bedroom.

IMG-8304.jpg

Headphones are still (1) AKG K-1000, (2) Sennheiser HD-650 and (3) Denon AH-D7200.

A keen eye may note an empty headphone stand which may (or may not!) in the future be populated with an electrostatic.

Equipment hasn't changed much - save for a model update on the streaming DAC.

IMG-8308.jpg

Top to down:
  1. Technics SL-1210MK7 with balanced tonearm output, Gaia III feet and a Denon DL-A110;
  2. Elac PPA-2, balanced input from Technics, balanced output to the SPL;
  3. SPL Phonitor 2, balanced input from both the phono stage and the streaming DAC;
  4. Matrix mini-i 4, an update from the previous pro model since I do not need the headphone amp and wireless network, but I do need TIDAL connect and the companion app.
Still works.

advertisement

Back