advertisement

System pics 2024

Finally getting an opportunity to let the Krell integrated amp stretch it's legs. In house I've got some new-to-me speakers, that are well-known power hogs, so the Krell's 360 wpc into 4 ohm will surely come in handy.

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Totem Mani-2 Signature. Still messing with placement, but so far, so good. This is my 3rd pair of Totems, after having had Model 1 Signature for many years, and also a short stint with the Element Fire. These new units sound somewhat similar the former, which is more to my tastes, but with a bigger presentation and deeper bass than the Model 1.

Rest of the rig...
JR Transrotor turntable
Abis tonearm
Koetsu cartridge
EAR SUT
EAR phono
Krell integrated
Esoteric CD transport
SMSL DAC
Totem Speakers on Solidsteel stands
Very nice! Is the Krell a 300iL or 400xi?

s2sEHi1.jpeg
0c8Mn1R.jpeg
Moved the system back downstairs after the damp work was finished last week. Decorating still to do, although the Nait 50 with Harbeth Super HL5 combo is working out very well. Surprisingly good slam in the bass and good depth too.

Quite enjoying a scaled back system but I’ve had to lose my IKEA vinyl lamp as it was causing hum with the SUT.

Is it just me or is there a shit tone of Tone Poets up in that vinyl collection ;)

Finally getting an opportunity to let the Krell integrated amp stretch it's legs. In house I've got some new-to-me speakers, that are well-known power hogs, so the Krell's 360 wpc into 4 ohm will surely come in handy.

gi.mpl

Totem Mani-2 Signature. Still messing with placement, but so far, so good. This is my 3rd pair of Totems, after having had Model 1 Signature for many years, and also a short stint with the Element Fire. These new units sound somewhat similar the former, which is more to my tastes, but with a bigger presentation and deeper bass than the Model 1.

Nice to see a fellow owner of Totem Mani-2 ! I'm using mine (regular edition rather than signature), with Model 1 signature (centre and surround) in my home cinema, where they work well. The Mani-2 are great stereo speakers, although a subwoofer or 2 is required if you want true full range playback at elevated volumes, and if you want to control room modes.

As full range speakers the Mani-2 are placement sensitive but where you have them located (some toe-in, 2-4 feet off the rear wall) should yield good results.

Enjoy !

Nice to see a fellow owner of Totem Mani-2 ! I'm using mine (regular edition rather than signature), with Model 1 signature (centre and surround) in my home cinema, where they work well. The Mani-2 are great stereo speakers, although a subwoofer or 2 is required if you want true full range playback at elevated volumes, and if you want to control room modes.

As full range speakers the Mani-2 are placement sensitive but where you have them located (some toe-in, 2-4 feet off the rear wall) should yield good results.

Enjoy !
Loving your floor. Seems these days I am more jealous of rooms than the hifi in them. Must be my age.

Lots of rearrangement here following completion of house extension. Old front room now has a piano and a system fronted by Source/Zeta/AT-PTG33ii. Really lovely object. Amplification is Primare I15 Prisma and R32 phono hidden away in the cupboard below. Speakers are Dynaudio Emit 10s and a 250ii sub. Entry level Dyns but they sound much better than they've any right to do, especially given the difficult acoustic (which I'm part way through taming). They match the little Ikea stands (of Shahinian Larc fame) very well.

Moved the system back downstairs after the damp work was finished last week. Decorating still to do, although the Nait 50 with Harbeth Super HL5 combo is working out very well. Surprisingly good slam in the bass and good depth too.

Quite enjoying a scaled back system but I’ve had to lose my IKEA vinyl lamp as it was causing hum with the SUT.
Looks great, but I preferred those lovely Quad monoblocs you had. :)

Rest of the rig...
JR Transrotor turntable
Abis tonearm
Koetsu cartridge
EAR SUT
EAR phono
Krell integrated
Esoteric CD transport
SMSL DAC
Totem Speakers on Solidsteel stands
What a wonderful system and a charming room to boot.

Looks good and well done for not being naked when you took the photo. Could have been embarrassing otherwise. 😆
Thanks...embarrassing for who? Certainly not me! :cool:
Very nice! Is the Krell a 300iL or 400xi?
Thank you...300il
Looks like a 300. The 400xi has a volume knob and is also a bit louder (400 watts into 4ohms). A great amp. So good I had two! (one in silver and one in black)
You are correct...300il. But there is no rated power difference between the 300 and 400. Both are rated by the manufacturer at 200wpc into 8ohm and 400wpc into 4ohm. Stereophile measured 360wpc into 4ohm...(ooops - only 350wpc!....) https://www.stereophile.com/content/krell-kav-400xi-integrated-amplifier-measurements so that is the spec i go by for the 300 too.

Enjoy !
Thanks...I am enjoying! As far as placement, I will quote the late, great Art Dudley..."with a brand-new pair of $2500 speakers and the rest of your life ahead of you, you'd be crazy not to try everything"
Loving your floor. Seems these days I am more jealous of rooms than the hifi in them. Must be my age.
Thanks for the compliment, and I'm in the same boat...I find other folks' listening spaces more interesting than the gear...but I still love the gear! The wood floors are 70+ year old Fir. The sub-floor and stringers are also Fir. Same with the structural beams. The wood you see on the ceiling is also Fir, and the same goes for all the walls (covered with dry-wall). It makes for a very "stiff" room, and sounds great!
What a wonderful system and a charming room to boot.
Thanks Darren!

Last edited:

advertisement

Back