advertisement

System pics 2024

IMG-8669.jpg
I hooked up my 50-60 year old McIntosh C28 and MC2105 to my speakers to demo (the Macs) for buyers. They sound great and I love the look of the amp, but they’re too heavy and powerful and blingy and I need the money for remodeling.

Maybe you needed and A8. ;)

That amp is a beauty.
Ta! Tbh I’m so impressed with the d2 I wonder how much better it gets up the Lumin chain. But I’m not a fan of sabre dacs , tried that in an Auralic and Eversolo and they were too glassy.. the d2 is just lovely with its Wm dacs. Could have waited for a used A8 to appear but the d2 was right tine right price.

Living Room is evolving into a Baby Playground so a reduction in speaker size was required as its all but background music in here now. Wanted something that was not too tall, reasonably sensitive and designed to work up against the walls. The KEF Reference 102s fitted the bill, thanks to @atcman they seem to do the trick, at least working nicely with the Decware Zen, slightly more sensitive than the NS1000Ms.
Ultimately, these may end up on wall mounts higher up, or if I find some Larsen 4s then they may well go into a Kitchen/Dining Room system with the Bryston B60R I have spare and a Yamaha WX10.

System by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Living Room is evolving into a Baby Playground so a reduction in speaker size was required as its all but background music in here now. Wanted something that was not too tall, reasonably sensitive and designed to work up against the walls. The KEF Reference 102s fitted the bill, thanks to @atcman they seem to do the trick, at least working nicely with the Decware Zen, slightly more sensitive than the NS1000Ms.
Ultimately, these may end up on wall mounts higher up, or if I find some Larsen 4s then they may well go into a Kitchen/Dining Room system with the Bryston B60R I have spare and a Yamaha WX10.

Wow - play pen in you room.
Give me a joint and some wine any day - but doubt I'd be able to get to the turntable.

Your speakers/stands look great.

advertisement

Back