advertisement

Furniture back in. Room sounding nice again.
Not just the floor. The equipment housing is nice,too.
V2NftOY.jpg

Music side, with Lyngdorf Tdai 3400 & Mac Mini

WkKEGGb.jpg

Driving Yamaha NS1000XW on item audio custom made stands with Gaias.

OpQPMV7.jpg

And AV side in here, Audiolab components and MK dipole speakers as rears.. no centre as the Yammys don’t really need it.

LonqnZI.jpg

Icon Audio PS1 MkII. I'm not 100% sold on it but would like to try a few different valves... once I have sated my tube-rolling addiction on the Freya+ that is... For anyone who has note tried them, Linlai 6SN7's are quite special.

Sorry to ask, but which Linlai 6SN7's are you referring to?

Thank you, yes, that plug socket is moving :D

(And some cable ties are on order :)).

That's the trouble with it all, mine's the same, nice rack or cabinet then comes the issue of hiding the cable mess and trying to route it all. Mine is a disaster area behind my Quadraspire rack but that's the nature of the beast especially with the AV equipment, network switch etc as well. I spent a few hours at the weekend pulling it all out and tidying it up together with cleaning all the plugs and contacts with Deoxit, it did sound a bit better but TBH all the tidying up of the cable runs was like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. No better really.

That's the trouble with it all, mine's the same, nice rack or cabinet then comes the issue of hiding the cable mess and trying to route it all. Mine is a disaster area behind my Quadraspire rack but that's the nature of the beast especially with the AV equipment, network switch etc as well. I spent a few hours at the weekend pulling it all out and tidying it up together with cleaning all the plugs and contacts with Deoxit, it did sound a bit better but TBH all the tidying up of the cable runs was like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. No better really.

:), I think I’ll be able to hide a fair wodge of the spaghetti behind the cabinet, I’ll tie wrap as much as I can into a loom type of arrangement (the fibre broadband cable is particularly unwieldy!), though ultimately it’s a bodge whatever is done.

One of the advantages of having big ugly speakers - you can shove quite a lot of crap behind them!

I notice that Steve Hoffman’s forum has a thread where people post pics of the backs of their equipment to to show the cable horror show. (Shades of Laocoon for Greek scholars).

I sorted the back of my cabinet the other day, cable tied all the power cables together horizontally, and ran the RCAs vertically…. I was going to take a picture and post it as it looked so good - I didn’t take a picture and regret it now… :D:cool:

Reactions: RoA

advertisement

Back