advertisement

The new Elex Mk4 replaces the Brio. Majik spec’d LP12 with karousel, lingo 4, 2m black and LS 50’s completes the system on view. There’s a B&W formation audio streamer in the unit which is connected to the Elex DAC. It also streams the LP12 to the Formation Duo speakers in the spare room.
pWbfcwT.jpg

Lovely, simple looking system. What do think of the Elex ?

What I love most about this thread is the variety of equipment and racks etc that people have away from the normal. I am quite boring really compared to others, there is so so much different equipment out there to explore. I have LP12 / Naim amps and Neat speakers with Innuos streamer on a quadraspire rack that I have posted earlier in this thread, a bit cobbled together but I am happy with it and the SQ.

But...... I am so intrigued with the other stuff people have like InSides 3 arm deck, very cool.

I'm sad, I know, but I do like this site, full of interesting things and nice people, well the majority anyway, a few do let their prejudices get the better of them but that's life in general. Cable threads, now that always make me laugh.

I've got a reasonably expensive setup but, am I alone, in thinking I having a relatively shabby music room?
Mine is pretty much a music room / man cave. There’s a tv on the wall to the right of the hifi, so the room is my safe space for music, watching sports and avoiding soaps and Saturday evening light entertainment shite.

What I love most about this thread is the variety of equipment and racks etc that people have away from the normal. I am quite boring really compared to others, there is so so much different equipment out there to explore. I have LP12 / Naim amps and Neat speakers with Innuos streamer on a quadraspire rack that I have posted earlier in this thread, a bit cobbled together but I am happy with it and the SQ.

But...... I am so intrigued with the other stuff people have like InSides 3 arm deck, very cool.

I'm sad, I know, but I do like this site, full of interesting things and nice people, well the majority anyway, a few do let their prejudices get the better of them but that's life in general. Cable threads, now that always make me laugh.
If you really think an LP12/Naim/Meat speakers is "boring", I will give you my ship to address right away !
Boring or not, that type of kits are usually very enjoyable, long lasting and sweet to the ears so nothing to envies from many other systems IMO.

Technics SL1200GR / DV20x2l
Arkless GTi Turbo
Innuos Zen Mini mk3
Hegel H90
Proac Response D1

It looks to me as if our rooms are similar dimensions, and in theory I could have my ProAc DB1s firing down it, as you have. Did you try and compare with positioning them on the shorter room axis?

I could also have my TT (P10) on a bookshelf as you have, but my shelves fail the spirit level test pretty significantly.

I didn’t to be honest, because the shape of the room means that the speakers would have been firing backwards into the alcoves (which I needed for records and kit storage: the alcove to the right of the chimney breast is pretty much floor to ceiling with records), and my listening position would have been on the settee hard against the back wall. At least in this configuration my listening chair is a good few feet into the room. I got the shelves purpose built to my own drawings by the company who built our bedroom furniture. I literally stood over the fitters saying, “that has got be absolutely bob-on level!”.

It’s not a big room. The way I have it may not be ideal. There does seem to be a bit of excessive bass, with the ports on the D1s basically pointing at a 45 degree angle of the bay window. I’m tempted to try a pair of tabs to see how they compare.

I've got a reasonably expensive setup but, am I alone, in thinking I having a relatively shabby music room?

Stereo:

Quad 2912s
McIntosh C49 pre-amp
McIntosh 275 power
LP12/Krystal/Akito/Carousel/Trampoline/Lingo 3
DSPeaker AntiMode 2 Dual Core
Mac Mini
No fancy cables.
Koss ESP950 phones
2 x ProLiant Micro Servers
2 x WD 8TB NAS

Surround System:

Linn Isobarics
Linn Sara (two centres)
4 x door stops to angle the centre speakers
Stirling Broadcast LS3/5A rears
SolidSteel Stands
2 x BK Electronics XXLS400 subs
Denon AVR-X3700
Linn 4100 power amp (Isobariks and Saras)
Sony UB-X800 blue ray

Atacama Apollo Stands
Various guitar gear - 2 x Stereo Cabs/Boss Katanas, Marshalls, Fender Twin
A cat

Stereo:

Quad 2912s
McIntosh C49 pre-amp
McIntosh 275 power
LP12/Krystal/Akito/Carousel/Trampoline/Lingo 3
DSPeaker AntiMode 2 Dual Core
Mac Mini
No fancy cables.
Koss ESP950 phones
2 x ProLiant Micro Servers
2 x WD 8TB NAS

Surround System:

Linn Isobarics
Linn Sara (two centres)
4 x door stops to angle the centre speakers
Stirling Broadcast LS3/5A rears
SolidSteel Stands
2 x BK Electronics XXLS400 subs
Denon AVR-X3700
Linn 4100 power amp (Isobariks and Saras)
Sony UB-X800 blue ray

Atacama Apollo Stands
Various guitar gear - 2 x Stereo Cabs/Boss Katanas, Marshalls, Fender Twin
A cat

Lovely man cave (I just assume it is one).

advertisement

Back