Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Roog

Roog pfm Member

For a split second I thought you had a mini quad electrostatic speaker, turned out to be a seat back! and yes I'm not allowed out without being accompanied :0~

Lowand and PhilofCas like this.
  2. narabdela

narabdela who?

Relax, you're not alone. :oops:

3. dalryc

dalryc pfm Member

I get you - Kans like walls!

4. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

@heihei Fantastic room and system, how are you getting on with the Audionet amps?

5. heihei

heihei pfm Member

Thanks - appreciated. The amps are the best I’ve ever heard! Weighty but agile, rich but delicate, tonally accurate, dynamic but not fatiguing etc.

Cereal Killer and Salamander like this.
  6. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

Nowadays I only use what's on top of the sideboard.
    TT: Technics SL150/Jelco SA-750D/Goldring 1042
    Phono: Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE
    Amp: Arcam Delta 290
    Speakers: Tannoy Cheviot 1974 on 12" stands.
    Once in a blue moon I play my AIFF rips through Audirvana on a Mac Mini to a Marantz DAC1.

[​IMG]

Torris12, Waxxy, halvis and 22 others like this.
  7. killer30

killer30 Member

Beautiful system. But one think. Why people buy extra subwoofer . My system is a-s3000 plus SF Cremona. I have never even thought to buy subwoofer. Mayby I am wrong?

Darren and clap like this.
  8. Lurch

Lurch pfm Member

9. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Next step when you are no longer impressed by those speakers is to get the musicians in the room! Awesome !

10. cheviot

cheviot pfm Member

I've got 1974 Cheviots on 12 inch stands too. How are your surrounds holding up? I managed to replace my drivers with 12" Monitor golds with Butyl rubber surrounds and they work like a charm.

11. Roog

Roog pfm Member

Hi @Lurch How are you liking your Nord amps? I would be interested to know which technology you went for, ncore/purifi?

12. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I do find myself more drawn to the simpler looking systems.

13. Lurch

Lurch pfm Member

The Nords are Hypex with Nords own input buffers (mine are rev C buffers with Sonic Imagery Op-Amps).
    As to how do I like them, well they've seen of a pair of Icon Audio MB845SEs that I've had inplace for 4 1/2 years, and about 6 weeks ago they beat (to my ears) a Krell ksa250 I had on loan. The Nords kept the sense of punch & drive at lower volumes Vs the Krell, I think the Nords are stonking amps that belie their price point.
    If your anywhere near Chichester your more than welcome to pop in for a listen.

Roog likes this.
  14. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

Fine thanks. I bought them 12 years ago from someone who had just had them re-conned with new foam surrounds. I know the foam is only meant to last 10 years and realise I'm on borrowed time. I've book marked a supplier of new surrounds for when they eventually split.

15. Darren

Darren Doin' the Southern Freeeez

Dont be a wuss Woody. More is more!!

16. Darren

Darren Doin' the Southern Freeeez

Subwoofers have been the best value for money upgrades in my last two systems. Honestly..... its surprising what they bring to the party.

17. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Hey, I’ve moved from 7 boxes to 5, baby steps;)

Darren likes this.
  18. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

One box plus a tiny one (GS GramAmp 2 SE).

Darren likes this.
  19. AndyCC72

AndyCC72 pfm Member

Did you sell the Luxman ?

20. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

Hi Andrew,
    The Luxman is in the cupboard below having a rest from active duty,

AndyCC72 likes this.