advertisement

Set up a modest little system in the kitchen. I’m told I’m pushing the limits of allowable size, let’s see how long it lasts. Sounds excellent and can open up the kitchen to listen outside, currently Radio Paradise under the parasol.

For a split second I thought you had a mini quad electrostatic speaker, turned out to be a seat back! and yes I'm not allowed out without being accompanied :0~

Nowadays I only use what's on top of the sideboard.
TT: Technics SL150/Jelco SA-750D/Goldring 1042
Phono: Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE
Amp: Arcam Delta 290
Speakers: Tannoy Cheviot 1974 on 12" stands.
Once in a blue moon I play my AIFF rips through Audirvana on a Mac Mini to a Marantz DAC1.

8DY0TLn.jpg

Nowadays I only use what's on top of the sideboard.
TT: Technics SL150/Jelco SA-750D/Goldring 1042
Phono: Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE
Amp: Arcam Delta 290
Speakers: Tannoy Cheviot 1974 on 12" stands.
Once in a blue moon I play my AIFF rips through Audirvana on a Mac Mini to a Marantz DAC1.

8DY0TLn.jpg
I've got 1974 Cheviots on 12 inch stands too. How are your surrounds holding up? I managed to replace my drivers with 12" Monitor golds with Butyl rubber surrounds and they work like a charm.

Hi @Lurch How are you liking your Nord amps? I would be interested to know which technology you went for, ncore/purifi?
The Nords are Hypex with Nords own input buffers (mine are rev C buffers with Sonic Imagery Op-Amps).
As to how do I like them, well they've seen of a pair of Icon Audio MB845SEs that I've had inplace for 4 1/2 years, and about 6 weeks ago they beat (to my ears) a Krell ksa250 I had on loan. The Nords kept the sense of punch & drive at lower volumes Vs the Krell, I think the Nords are stonking amps that belie their price point.
If your anywhere near Chichester your more than welcome to pop in for a listen.

I've got 1974 Cheviots on 12 inch stands too. How are your surrounds holding up? I managed to replace my drivers with 12" Monitor golds with Butyl rubber surrounds and they work like a charm.

Fine thanks. I bought them 12 years ago from someone who had just had them re-conned with new foam surrounds. I know the foam is only meant to last 10 years and realise I'm on borrowed time. I've book marked a supplier of new surrounds for when they eventually split.

advertisement

Back