advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few new toys to play with...

First, I wanted to try Streaming so picked up a used Yamaha CD-NT670D which does streaming (Tidal etc) as well as Multiroom MusicCast, Net Radio (+FM/DAB), Bluetooth/Airplay and CD playback to boot. Nice little package.

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

And a trial at downsizing the Analogue side as well, with the arrival of a refurbished Micro Seiki MR-711 Direct Drive turntable, its a bit of a beast but I want to see if I can sensibly move from my P9. I fancy trying a few different TTs to compare over the next month or so, perfect time as we are in the process of moving house! :D

Bit of a studio feel going on with the Micro Seiki, Bryston and ATC SCM10s...

Micro Seiki MR-711

Micro Seiki MR-711

A few new toys to play with...

First, I wanted to try Streaming so picked up a used Yamaha CD-NT670D which does streaming (Tidal etc) as well as Multiroom MusicCast, Net Radio (+FM/DAB), Bluetooth/Airplay and CD playback to boot. Nice little package.

System

And a trial at downsizing the Analogue side as well, with the arrival of a refurbished Micro Seiki MR-711 Direct Drive turntable......
Micro Seiki MR-711 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Micro Seiki MR-711 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr
That TT is a retro cutie.

credo.jpg
Swiss Credo EV 900 Reference speakers are in the house.

I'd never heard of these so looked up the spec and price and slightly fell off my chair. I think I'd like a lot more box and driver for my 11 grand personally !

I think I've posted on System Pics before but it must be so long ago I just can't remember, maybe 2005 or so!

Here goes, it's taken some years to build up to this system after selling up a main system probably 12yrs or so ago in anticipation of a house move that never happened in the end. My Mrs did'nt want to leave her garden and I did'nt want to leave my hifi room with a solid floor lol. There were other factors like grandchildren etc etc but I digress. I fear it will be prudent to move this lot on soon though, at least the amp and speakers, because of the weight mainly as the amp weighs 45kg and the speakers 46kg each so quite a proposition at age 69 to move them around. Plus the downsizing conversation is on the go again.
Anyway I'll let the photos speak for themselves. I am of course, in love with the sound of this system, it really is a triumph and feel it's the culmination of 45 yrs of box swapping and obsession with music and the way it tends to dominate my life in many different ways, hifi being a major delight. The equipment stands represent marvelous bangs for bucks and i've spent inordinate amounts of time adapting and tweaking, the table on which the SU sits for example is a heavy industrial item and is spiked via carpet into a solid wood floor. Speaker stands have 4 integral spikes on each. Hope you enjoy the pics.

59-C5-E3-D1-3-AD4-42-B5-BA90-165-F7-F819-C46.jpg

DDA72-AFF-AF2-A-4-DAE-97-EB-12-E012-ACB1-C0.jpg

125-A3676-CF95-414-F-AB2-F-CA0-AD7-E62737.jpg

98-C88-F75-5-E67-4125-B17-A-216401-F04-E7-A.jpg

I think I've posted on System Pics before but it must be so long ago I just can't remember, maybe 2005 or so!

Here goes, it's taken some years to build up to this system after selling up a main system probably 12yrs or so ago in anticipation of a house move that never happened in the end. My Mrs did'nt want to leave her garden and I did'nt want to leave my hifi room with a solid floor lol. There were other factors like grandchildren etc etc but I digress. I fear it will be prudent to move this lot on soon though, at least the amp and speakers, because of the weight mainly as the amp weighs 45kg and the speakers 46kg each so quite a proposition at age 69 to move them around. Plus the downsizing conversation is on the go again.
Anyway I'll let the photos speak for themselves. I am of course, in love with the sound of this system, it really is a triumph and feel it's the culmination of 45 yrs of box swapping and obsession with music and the way it tends to dominate my life in many different ways, hifi being a major delight. The equipment stands represent marvelous bangs for bucks and i've spent inordinate amounts of time adapting and tweaking, the table on which the SU sits for example is a heavy industrial item and is spiked via carpet into a solid wood floor. Speaker stands have 4 integral spikes on each. Hope you enjoy the pics.

I’m not a fan of tubes amps but this one looks like a master piece ! The integration/phase adjustment of the tweeter looks interesting as well...........

I’m not a fan of tubes amps but this one looks like a master piece ! The integration/phase adjustment of the tweeter looks interesting as well...........
Cheers, the amp is the integrated version of Ayon Triton III, a bona fide 240V and the latest generation of this amp. It's got a Triode and Pentode option at 80/120w per side respectively with KT150's. They do a power amp version too called a PA. Not so sure whether Triton Int is currently manufactered, this is 2018.

Tweeters on the Escalante Fremont Mk II's, a Tierry Budge design, are ScanSpeak Revelators R2904.

Cheers, the amp is the integrated version of Ayon Triton III, a bona fide 240V and the latest generation of this amp. It's got a Triode and Pentode option at 80/120w per side respectively with KT150's. They do a power amp version too called a PA. Not so sure whether Triton Int is currently manufactered, this is 2018.

Tweeters on the Escalante Fremont Mk II's, a Tierry Budge design, are ScanSpeak Revelators R2904.
Yep - love those bottles - do they have to be matched if one goes south?

Yep - love those bottles - do they have to be matched if one goes south?
Yeah they certainly create an atmosphere as well as literally warming the cockles! KT 150's apparently are good for 2000+ hours so after 2yrs I might be halfway there, I'd better get saving! I've rolled the 2 supplied 6SJ7's to some cryogenic ones from Watford Valves and a few months ago the right channel was crying help so changed all 4 of 12AU7's.

that ayon is a fine looking amp sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back