advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your TT looks very stable. KILLER JOB :cool: Having one of the suspention towers at the far right is KILLER. My TT design is getting wild. I'm keeping the pics secret till its fully done. This one is a one of kind that has not ever been conceived before. We seem to always follow the TT way since it was made available to us LP nuts. The acoustical feedback of a TT is what makes it REAL when playing music in the NOW. Trial and error of tuning the good feedback to cancel out the bad is a wild undertaking. Musical timing stability is my only concern. Phase in waves is the fraction of a wave cycle which has elapsed relative to an arbitrary point.

Due to some irritatingly complex living/working arrangements, we've had to split the kit and music between opposite ends of the country. Cardiff gets 'flat friendly' speakers + 40% of the Vinyl. Streaming from a Mac Mini whilst CDs are in archive crates.

6370768821_71a5b7dc9e_z.jpg

View from the sofa

6370769765_d9dcda1b95_z.jpg

Llanfairfechan retains the 'I have no neighbours' Tannoy Gold / Quad 606 combo and the Gyro/Moth/DL110. Phono stage oscillates between the two.

Impressed you got the Garrard onto a conventional hi-fi table, it must over-hang a fair bit! Mine (same plinth) represented my exit point from audiophile furniture...

5067388282_11bec5eda6_o.jpg

Impressed you got the Garrard onto a conventional hi-fi table, it must over-hang a fair bit! Mine (same plinth) represented my exit point from audiophile furniture...

Well, yeah. It overhangs a few inches at the back, so not 100% ideal, but the feet have to be positioned in from the rear corners a bit anyway due to the cutout for arm cable. TBH, I'm only using it because I already own it. I do have a square solid oak table that's a better fit (and is very solid indeed) ... but the colour is far enough off from the expedit shelves that I decided roll with the aesthetics and keep it as a coffee table for now. This whole set up is a temporary situation anyway. One day this lot will be driving the Tannoys again!

Now my Orbe anf SME Five have gone, I've been able to relocate my Target shelf to accommodate the 01 & p/supply above the CDP. More importantly, my Dais/Ace Anna 12" is closer to the wall, with space above. Much more practical.

BEFORE

Sunday30Octhififromoutside109.jpg

AND AFTER
newkitplacing003.jpg

why do so many systems have turntables at a low height. Surely if it was say at waist height it is easier to que-up, clean the stylus etc etc !

Due to some irritatingly complex living/working arrangements, we've had to split the kit and music between opposite ends of the country. Cardiff gets 'flat friendly' speakers + 40% of the Vinyl. Streaming from a Mac Mini whilst CDs are in archive crates.

6370768821_71a5b7dc9e_z.jpg

View from the sofa

6370769765_d9dcda1b95_z.jpg

Llanfairfechan retains the 'I have no neighbours' Tannoy Gold / Quad 606 combo and the Gyro/Moth/DL110. Phono stage oscillates between the two.

I used to live in llanfairfechan with my els57s. My kids still do.

This 'rack' looks fantastic and sure is close to audio-grade :)

What CDP is that? Interesting...a Sony or Marantz?

Thanks
Klaus

This 'rack' looks fantastic and sure is close to audio-grade
100% agreed. :) I like the minimalistic approach. A rack/table like that is exactly what I'm looking for, for my own system.

It seems that nowadays most dedicated HiFi-furniture is made of glass and metal.
Too cold, shiny and bling-bling for my taste.

I'd love something like this in say light-oak:
podium-trios-2.jpg

Tony's table is an elegant piece of furniture: that modular timber rack is clumsy, and frankly, pig ugly (IMHO).

Tony, would you please let me know where you got that table?

It's exactly what I need for my new room :)

If you don't mind being no longer exclusive here of course :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back