advertisement

System pics 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... that deck seems familiar somehow ;)

It looks at in that setup - The 'pratometer' must be going crazy with the P7 in-situ :D

Lefty

Nice deck/system but the obsessive/compulsive in me wishes that you had posted the first two pictures chronologically (judging by the time on the clock) :D

I have to say, having played with a 20xh and xl one after the other, into different phono stages if you have a MC stage then the XL really shows a clean pair of heels to the XH in all area's.

Is the RB700 standard wire, or is it wired with the RB1000 stuff?

Is the RB700 standard wire, or is it wired with the RB1000 stuff?

Don't know about the wiring in the 700 vs the 1000 but the output cables, along with the RCA plugs are much more substantial than those on the 3-24.

Internally I've no idea although doing some reading up it appears it is the same as in its lesser brethren, the 301 etc. The 700 does come with the tungsten counterweight though.

rock002.jpg

You have sharp eyes :eek:

It is indeed - I'm borrowing it to see if together with the Sonos, it can get me some way towards the sound of the Akurate DS which (foolishly) sold.

Lefty

Yup - currently running it balanced into the L300 and it ain't sounding too shabby. Lots of detail and resolution without a hint of grain. Not as good as the Akurate, although you wouldn't expect it to be given the price difference I guess.

Lefty

Many thanks guys - I've always lusted after an LP12/Aro and I have to say I'm not disappointed.

It sounds sweet as a nut :)

Lefty

It sounds sweet as a nut :)

Lefty

Now there's a shock ;)

Makes me want to re-plinth and Nima-fi my TD150 all the more - turn it into some sort of a poor man's LP12/Aro. For me (and I know this isn't shared by everyone) there's a certain magic about a good unipivot - they imbibe music with a natural sense of ease, yet with the right cartridge they can still provide real fireworks.

You have sharp eyes :eek:

It is indeed - I'm borrowing it to see if together with the Sonos, it can get me some way towards the sound of the Akurate DS which (foolishly) sold.

Lefty

Dunno if it will with a Sonos, but with a Mac/HiFace it certainly would. Great looking TT Lefty.

Steve

Although i still prefer the fluted plinths to these new ones, that woodwork is stunning & with the Aro on too/ its official then: Lefty has the nicest looking TT on pfm.

The character of the wood grain on his plinth is wild. That baby will darken up quite nicely. I had a walnut plinth way back and it was the best sounding LP-12 I ever had. Walnut has low amounts of tannin in its structure. Do they still make Afromosia plinths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back